Just Venting - I hate Australia Post

nazimcricket

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Nazim
Over the last 6 months, the number of items I have lost in the mail have been climbing to a point I even lodged a formal complaint with Australia Post. It obviously did me no good as they were sent ordinary mail.

You would think I'd learnt my lessson, but oh no, I decide to send a fellow member of OCT a trade item by regular mail, which I personally posted through the front counter of my post office to go to a PO Box address at the other end. Guess what, he's not received the item and I've unnecessarily lost some autographed material, which I know I should've registered ...... aaaarrrrgghhh.

I had to vent so I called up Australia Post to hear the usual spiel on how they can't do anything about it and even the postal ombudsman's website indicates that regular mail cannot be tracked or followed up in any way possible.

and I used to think we had a great postal service!!!!

For the price of registered post within aus its not worth sending anything of any value regular. Saying that i've never had one item go missing on my end sending out so you may have one of those posties that hoards everyone mail.

nazim..

im pretty sure the bathurst post office is crooked.. none of em have any idea, so your mails prob out the back on the floor.
ive had registered mail 'lost' at the bathurst post office. they're a joke in there.

but, yeah for an extra $2 registeration is a pretty good option..

i hope you find you stuff.

nazim..

im pretty sure the bathurst post office is crooked.. none of em have any idea, so your mails prob out the back on the floor.
ive had registered mail 'lost' at the bathurst post office. they're a joke in there.

but, yeah for an extra $2 registeration is a pretty good option..

i hope you find you stuff.

You don't know anyone at the Post Office that would bother checking out the back, do you? I've had zero luck in getting them to give a rats about it. Man, I'm kicking myself for not having spent the extra couple of bucks to register the item, especially given my recent experiences. Problem is, when you lose stuff while doing the whole TTM mail thing, you can never be sure if the items are going missing, or the person you've written to is not bothered to return them. In this case, sending to another OCT member, I thought it would be safe as houses - d'oh!

You don't know anyone at the Post Office that would bother checking out the back, do you? I've had zero luck in getting them to give a rats about it. Man, I'm kicking myself for not having spent the extra couple of bucks to register the item, especially given my recent experiences. Problem is, when you lose stuff while doing the whole TTM mail thing, you can never be sure if the items are going missing, or the person you've written to is not bothered to return them. In this case, sending to another OCT member, I thought it would be safe as houses - d'oh!

nah i dont know anyone :(
sorry mate.

i think i'd rather not ;)

Hey mate,

it happened to me in a trade, lost two cards i wanted a lot....but i have learnt my lesson and will only send thru registered post as i wouldnt want any to experience a loss of cards due to lame postal service

Aussie post is a joke. Got a limited signed print of Ryan Girdler crushed in the mail earlier this year - i did pay for registered post, and it took them a month to give me my money back, unreal really. They were complete a**holes about it too.

Aussie post is a joke. Got a limited signed print of Ryan Girdler crushed in the mail earlier this year - i did pay for registered post, and it took them a month to give me my money back, unreal really. They were complete a**holes about it too.

Man that sucks!! For me the worst thing is that they have "repeatedly" lost things I've sent out over the last 6 months and their response is that they can't do anything about it. I've lived in third world countries and in those places you expect the mail system to be full of thieves and unreliable and so you know you're taking a big risk sending anything of value around the place, but I hadn't expected our service to start going down that track as well! It's a crying shame!

I have made friends with the local post office. The owners who are down to earth real people who say doing business with the upper brass of the post office is as bad as doing business as you doing business with them. They lodge complaints about all types of things for customers and they are told to ignore the complaints, they dont care and if they are not going to spend the money to have tracking or insurance, then its tough crap on them. They should be lucky we have a post office.

In retrospect, the post office in the states is really not much better, except in one area, you can track your stuff easier from the label being put on the letter or package to delivery.

One last thing to remember, if your sending to a PO BOX and they or you have not received your stuff in the box, there might be a chance that it was put in the wrong box. DO you think that someone is going to tell them that they did this, nope, I would say I might be one of 10 of every 100 that would. The rest will just take the package either by accident and not notice until they get home and then be too lazy to bring it back or notice and and just pinch it.

I get 5-6 items a year in my PO BOX that don't belong to me, which I return to the main desk at the PO. I know what it feels like.

Mike

I have made friends with the local post office. The owners who are down to earth real people who say doing business with the upper brass of the post office is as bad as doing business as you doing business with them. They lodge complaints about all types of things for customers and they are told to ignore the complaints, they dont care and if they are not going to spend the money to have tracking or insurance, then its tough crap on them. They should be lucky we have a post office.

In retrospect, the post office in the states is really not much better, except in one area, you can track your stuff easier from the label being put on the letter or package to delivery.

One last thing to remember, if your sending to a PO BOX and they or you have not received your stuff in the box, there might be a chance that it was put in the wrong box. DO you think that someone is going to tell them that they did this, nope, I would say I might be one of 10 of every 100 that would. The rest will just take the package either by accident and not notice until they get home and then be too lazy to bring it back or notice and and just pinch it.

I get 5-6 items a year in my PO BOX that don't belong to me, which I return to the main desk at the PO. I know what it feels like.

Mike

I agree completely Mike. I reckon they've placed the items in the wrong PO Box and someone has just scored themselves a couple of free autographs. This also highlights the fact that the same scenario could be played out with registered/insured mail as well, with the only difference being that I may have been entitled to get some money off Australia Post in compensation. Oh well, such is life. I've made good with the OCT member I was trading with (I hope) and I will have to chalk this one up to experience and move on.

Yeah, I did the same recently with one OCT trader. Ended up costing me 2 nice cards lost, one additional really nice card to replace. Didnt even give it a thought really, just said that is the price you pay with mail. I hate giving up anything extra due to some one else s incompetence, however there was not much I could do and just said, oh well. Live and learn!

I agree completely Mike. I reckon they've placed the items in the wrong PO Box and someone has just scored themselves a couple of free autographs. This also highlights the fact that the same scenario could be played out with registered/insured mail as well, with the only difference being that I may have been entitled to get some money off Australia Post in compensation. Oh well, such is life. I've made good with the OCT member I was trading with (I hope) and I will have to chalk this one up to experience and move on.

Back
Top Bottom