Charles Way

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Charles Way
eBay User
wa_us71
COMC User
chuck1979
No Jordan Bulls cards printed since the 09-10 Season, supply and demand I guess for the best ever to play the game. That's nearly 10 years with no Chicago Uni MJ in packs :( , I think the mid 2000's will now also go through the roof shortly.

They will continue to go up and up and up until Upper Deck get the licence back or MJ signs with Panini (Which I highly doubt), and now Panini have the college licence no more MJ UNC uniform cards either

Billyhoyle

Camber
OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
billyhoyle9
No Jordan Bulls cards printed since the 09-10 Season, supply and demand I guess for the best ever to play the game. That's nearly 10 years with no Chicago Uni MJ in packs :( , I think the mid 2000's will now also go through the roof shortly.

They will continue to go up and up and up until Upper Deck get the licence back or MJ signs with Panini (Which I highly doubt), and now Panini have the college licence no more MJ UNC uniform cards either
Spot on.
Also some of the older ones were redemptions so not worth the risk of busting older boxes

juxedo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
juxedo
I dont see jordan cards dropping down much, only up. And if it drops down it would only be temporary.

As kids from the 90s get older they become wealthier and start purchasing items which hold nostalgic value that they couldn't previously afford. Those kids are only in their 30s now, I am one of them. We still have another 2-3 decades before we hit our peak earning capacity. This means for the next 2-3 decades we will be earning more and more, giving us greater discretionary spending money to bid on MJ cards.

This phenomenon is seen with everything, not just mj cards. The top most popular cars on kids wall posters from the 80s are collectables now and keep increasing in value. Same with motorbikes. Or that guitar famous rockstars played with.

Real Name
Charles Way
eBay User
wa_us71
COMC User
chuck1979
I dont see jordan cards dropping down much, only up. And if it drops down it would only be temporary.

As kids from the 90s get older they become wealthier and start purchasing items which hold nostalgic value that they couldn't previously afford. Those kids are only in their 30s now, I am one of them. We still have another 2-3 decades before we hit our peak earning capacity. This means for the next 2-3 decades we will be earning more and more, giving us greater discretionary spending money to bid on MJ cards.

This phenomenon is seen with everything, not just mj cards. The top most popular cars on kids wall posters from the 80s are collectables now and keep increasing in value. Same with motorbikes. Or that guitar famous rockstars played with.
Agree mate, a nice 90's MJ is just a night out on the piss these days and maybe a nice dinner before hand, so they will just keep going up

Real Name
Coopz
eBay User
healfan

This is a very succinct description of me and my friends from that era:)

Top Bottom