Basketball

NBA 50 GREATEST
Real Name
Mr. Basketball
1 RC

1 GU

1 Auto

:cool:

1988-89 Fleer #115 John Stockton RC This was the missing link to complete my 3 card mini set. I picked this one up for a few reasons: First off, it's already in a protective BGS holder, which I love. Not crazy for their grading but I do like the holders. But a very important reason is becase this features the old label, which means it is graded very strict!!! Back in the day, if a sub grade said 9.5 it was a 9.5 GEM! This one just so happens to have a 9.5 for the centering, which for this set is as good as it gets :D I've seen Gem Mint copies of this card with worse centering... Finally, I hate it when they have the sub-grades on the front of the label, makes the display look ugly for my taste.

o0a1ah.jpg

2007-08 Topps Letterman Authentic Jersey Tags #AJTJS John Stockton This is a 1/1 card. I love how Topps used a large portion of the Jersey Tag! :cool: Always wanted this card ever since the set came out and finally got lucky to have it in my PC. I got it some time back but I remember looking for it so long... It was in a John Stockton collector's collection, so I was lucky to get it :D

2me35z4.jpg

1992-93 Hoops #SU1 John Stockton AU#{(Certified autograph) In my opinion, this is his best autographed card. His first auto when he was an active player, love the picture used, and the odds of pulling one of these was very high back in the day... Just love it!

akj1bk.jpg

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed my John Stockton show... Now on to the next player!

Happy collecting :cool:

Giovanni

Got at least two of those Stockton RCs which I should send in for grading, insane tag but belongs in my PC hah hah Nice auto too, but I think there was a thread around here somewhere which mentioned somebody forging a few of those with embossing etc. I'm no expert so hope it's legit - when you get sick of that tag just let me know... ;-)

Clearly a lot of thought went into those Stocktons, well done mate a quality three, love that tag!

Got at least two of those Stockton RCs which I should send in for grading, insane tag but belongs in my PC hah hah Nice auto too, but I think there was a thread around here somewhere which mentioned somebody forging a few of those with embossing etc. I'm no expert so hope it's legit - when you get sick of that tag just let me know... ;-)

I was the one who started the thread about the forgeries of the hoops stockton auto.

I can safely say just by looking at this one that it is legit though. :)

that tag is NASTY! great work!

yep, that tag is epic!! does john stockton collector have a bucket?

Thank you, fellas.

Slobby, I have no idea if that person has a bucket... I only came across him on ebay, where he had a few John Stocktons up for sale. Not sure if it was a case that he was selling everything or just a few cards. But I think he was probably just a few cards, because I have seen player collector sell their entire collection and usually it's 10,000 cards lol. Could be he only had a hand full of Stocktons? Not too sure, but a Stockton collector from what I saw at the time...

Liking the concept of the mini collection with 1 RC, 1 auto and 1 patch/GU. You've inspired me to do a few of my own :)

That tag card is pretty spesh!

Back
Top Bottom