John Ireland Caricature Trading Cards - The Eagle Has Landed!

Naz you are a star. Really looking forward to seeing the finished projects.
You have two all time superstars in the sigs set. One is finest cricketer to come out of New Zealand the other a true Aussie legend!

It's an inspiration to show when people have a dream about achieving a goal that if they stick to it and pursue it then they can achieve what they want.

Well done buddy. Keep up the good work and look forward to more updates

Thanks Alex. Appreciate the kind words :)

Another milestone today - paid my deposit to the printer and got him commencing the work. When he is ready to do the printing, he has invited me to join him at the presses and oversee the whole process and even take home the printing plates :)

COULD USE A LITTE HELP, IF ANYONE IS WILLING .....
At this late hour, I'm looking for a coporate sponsor willing to cover my production cost in exchange for their logo appearing on 50,000 cards. If anyone can help with this, would appreciate it.

Having trouble with a logo design for the set. Open to any input/assistance.

Have changed the banner on my website (below). It's the right size to be printed on an A4 size paper and is ideal for posting on notice boards etc. If anyone wishes to print the banner up and leave it somewhere people might notice and appreciate it, that would be awesome.

comingsoon.jpg

Last edited:
Hay Naz,
When and how do you want payment for the regular sets?
Cheers,
Bob

Hey Bob,

I'll be in touch, hopefully the week after next. Scheduled to be printed on Wednesday, laminated on Thursday. In the meantime I'm waiting on the ultra pro boxes to arrive. When we're ready to go, a bank deposit or paypal will do the trick!

Thanks again for your support.

Naz

Hey Bob,

I'll be in touch, hopefully the week after next. Scheduled to be printed on Wednesday, laminated on Thursday. In the meantime I'm waiting on the ultra pro boxes to arrive. When we're ready to go, a bank deposit or paypal will do the trick!

Thanks again for your support.

Naz
Sweet Mate.
looking forward to these.
A pleasure to provide a small modicum of support for your project, I get something pretty cool out of it as well.
Cheers,
Bob

First sheet came off the presses about an hour ago. Hopefully by the close of business tomorrow, I will have all the printing done. Then it's on to the numbering and the laminating. The only concern I have is the cutting of the cards. Not sure if the printer has equipment that will be precise enough, but fingers crossed they do a good job.

Added a few extras to the print run. The set will now comprise of 51 cards with a really nice Warnie caricature added to the mix.

People who buy the signature sets will also receive a double-sided puzzle card set featuring Chappell on one side and Hadlee on the other, across 4 cards. These won't be numbered, but will be a limited print run :)

Printing done. The cards look amazing!!

Digital numbering will be added to the Header, Signature and Certificate cards early next week and then it's off to the laminators. The final step will be the cutting and we'll be done with the production phase.

I'll start selling the regular sets hopefully week after next and in the meantime the first 100 cards will be shipped off to Chappell and Hadlee for signing.

At this stage I seem to be hemorrhaging money, especially as I missed a minor flaw on the back of one of the signature cards and chose to pay extra to have it redone rather than hope no one notices :whistle:. I'm content with my decision as this truly is a set of cards I want for myself. Heckuva way to acquire it though :cry:.

Would appreciate you guys spreading the word. I've discovered to my delight that even some non-collectors are stepping up to get a set as a Christmas present for kids of all ages. Nice to know the product appeals to more than just us nerdy cartophilists :woot:

When /where are they for sale?

Hi Andrew,

I'm going to start off by selling them just through my website ....

www.nazimcricket.com/ireland.php

A simple email or PM will be enough to reserve a set and at this stage there are still plenty of specifically numbered sets available, if desired.

Next week, I'll update the information on my website, as I've added a Warnie card to the set plus a couple of puzzle cards to go along with the Chappell/Hadlee Signature cards.

Regular sets are now available for purchase :kick:

I'll get in touch shortly with the folks who have pre-ordered a regular set.

The following images do not do the set justice. In hand they are gorgeous - but don't take my word for it - I'm sure some candid opinions will be forthcoming as the sets end up in the hands of collectors.

cow1.jpg

cow2.jpg

cow3.jpg

cow4.jpg

cow5.jpg

cow6.jpg

cow7.jpg

cow8.jpg

cow9.jpg

Thanks for all the support fellas. So far I've sold around 60 sets, so very long way to go. Appreciate if you guys can provide some moral support. Perhaps you could like this facebook page to help spread the word beyond OCT ...

www.facebook.com/cricketcharacterscards

Also, would appreciate comments on best approach in regards to postage. Generally across Australia it would be $6.95 for regular parcel post and another $2.95 for signed delivery, which is a rung above tracking as it ensures the post office see things through. Then there would be another $2-$3 for an appropriate envelope or box. I'm thinking a flat fee of $10-$12 is fair, but maybe one of you guys have a better idea to minimise the cost to the buyer?

Just get a small satchel which are $8.25 and wrap the set in some bubble wrap (that might cost you $0.20 for each set). You should get it done for about $8.50.:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom