Joel Selwood - A real star or not?

Well I'll take my Cats goggles of and lets see what I see;

'I see someone, amazingly hard going for the footy head over the ball, he wears no. 14 on his back, the commentator points out it's Selwood. I think to myself "wow what a tough player!"'

:p

---------- Post added 27-08-2010 at 09:46 PM ----------

He won a lot of awards and 2 GFs in 41 secs!?! Amazing! :p

You said he wasn't a superstar yet. Then that'd mean Swan isn't a superstar. ;)

Why bring Swan into this? You watch and see who will the brownlow this year if swan doesnt its a disgrace to the game!

---------- Post added 27-08-2010 at 09:48 PM ----------

come on Liam.
thats 41 seconds ourt of his careerit would be a stretch but i could probably find 41 useful seconds of Des Headlands career.
anyway i dont really care about Selwood enough to get into a debate over him.

+1 if he didnt duck his head all the time id actually say he was a superstar.

---------- Post added 27-08-2010 at 09:49 PM ----------

btw he didnt win 2 premierships... Geelong did

For a bunch of people who dont care enough about Selwood to debate over him, you guys are going a good job :lol:

and in regards to...
Highest career average for frees received per game in AFL history (2.28 per game): 2009
Most free kicks ever received in a single season by a player (63 free kicks): 2008
That tells me that people have to over compensate to try and keep Selwood under control which fails and results in frees. People coming in to hard or throwing in a cheap push to try and get a handle on him but get caught out in the process.... Perhaps its a compliment that he gets the frees.

For a bunch of people who dont care enough about Selwood to debate over him, you guys are going a good job :lol:

and in regards to...

That tells me that people have to over compensate to try and keep Selwood under control which fails and results in frees. People coming in to hard or throwing in a cheap push to try and get a handle on him but get caught out in the process.... Perhaps its a compliment that he gets the frees.

:thumbsup:

Why bring Swan into this? You watch and see who will the brownlow this year if swan doesnt its a disgrace to the game![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 27-08-2010 at 09:48 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

+1 if he didnt duck his head all the time id actually say he was a superstar.

---------- Post added 27-08-2010 at 09:49 PM ----------

btw he didnt win 2 premierships... Geelong did

No, it'll be a disgrace in the eyes of Collingwood supporters! Theres a handful of players this year that have a red hot chance, numbers are not everything to umpires, espically when alot of those numbers are uneffective!

Anyone who says Joel Selwood isnt a superstar of the AFL, well, knows NOTHING about AFL. This kid is 21, and at half time in a GF the players think enough of him and respect him enough to let him have the floor to have his say to the team, even though the majority of them were far senior in years and playing experience. He is a star in the current Geelong team just as he would be a star in any side in the comp, his class would standout in any team. No one in the comp puts their head over the ball as much as Selwood. Im an Essendon fan, and if I could select ONE player from the comp I would want to see in the red and black it would be him. He gets the in and under ball, has speed, exquisite skill set left and right side of his body, and most importanly can shut a man down and run the defensive game as well. All this crap about "Oh he ducks his head" is lame jealous rubbish. He gets to the ball first, puts his head over the ball first and if he gets hit justifiably gets the free kick.

or Mark lecras, awesome in an ordinary team. but Joel Selwood will go close to a Brownlow next year, he is fantastic . Selwoods are hard nuts.

Good call Clinton, didn't think of him...

@All just making it clear I only made this thread up to create a discussion because I'm sure there are doubters out there. I THINK HE'S A SUPERSTAR!!!

Back
Top Bottom