Jayson Tatum

1stBowman

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
COMC User
1stBowman
Jayson Tatum is starting to look incredibly good of late. Boston fans must be delighted. On the prospecting side of things I bought a few of his base Prizms 6 weeks ago for around $12 on COMC. I flipped them for $16 and $17 respectively - a huge mistake. I then thought about buying back in at $23 but didn't do it - mistake number 2. His base prizms are now sitting at the $40 mark but given the way he is playing and his trajectory they are still cheap.

Also, how bad was Irving's influence on the Celtics and especially on Tatum's development? Answer: undeniably significant. And this leads me to the next point. Did the New York Knicks dodge the mother of all bullets when they failed to sign Kyrie and KD? Sure the pair would have made owner James Dolan a lot of money but would they have made the Knicks a serious contender? Kyrie is now out for the rest of this season. It will be very interesting to see how the Nets fare in the next few years. Did they mortgage their long term future by signing a locker room virus and a player who will be trying to rewrite the history books on those coming back from an achilles tendon injury? KD will be 32 when he makes his comeback and probably closer to 34 when he hits his peak again.

I'm not death riding the Nets. I love a cinderella story as much as anyone. If the Nets can contend in the next few years (ECF at a minimum) and win a title, I'd be as happy as the next neutral fan. However, at this point the idea of the Nets winning a chip with Irving and KD must be closer to a pipedream, rather than the serious possibility it was when they signed the pair.

P.S Buy Tatum

Whatya reckon fellas. Decent assessment?

Last edited:
Caris LeVert playing great today. Needs some help. I still like TLC, might have to pickup some low end graded stuff of his to put aside for a bit.

Kyrie is horrible. Been out in him since he said he didn’t want to play for Aus lol

Caris LeVert playing great today. Needs some help. I still like TLC, might have to pickup some low end graded stuff of his to put aside for a bit.

Kyrie is horrible. Been out in him since he said he didn’t want to play for Aus lol

Mate, I knew I could count on a contribution from you viz Kyrie. If memory serves me right you referred to him as the "prickiest of pricks". :)

I know Irving has a shoulder issue but I'll go hee if he doesn't have deep-seated mental health issues . The sort that will prevent him and the team he plays for, from reaching his/its full potential. I'd like to be more sympathetic towards Irving but I suspect that his mental health issues( if indeed he has them) would be something along the lines of General Personality Disorder. And that is hard to sympathise with - especially if it manifests itself in extreme narcissism, apathy towards others, etc.

I hope Boston can give the Bucks a run for their money in the ECF

Had to google TLC. I'll have a closer look at him but my basketball prospecting 'skills' are pretty damn ordinary. I find baseball much easier - and way more fun.

Go TLC.

Had to google TLC. I'll have a closer look at him but my basketball prospecting 'skills' are pretty damn ordinary. I find baseball much easier - and way more fun.

Go TLC.

I liked him in Philly but he never got time. He is definitely in the high risk basket lol. I'm sure you could find someone else if you had spare coin.

SGA is the only guy that I have made any real money on. I have flipped a few Lukas, Trae's and now Tatum's but for small gains. I have some very underwhelming stock that I will either have to sit on for a bit or just cut and run soon. Troy Brown Jr., Lonnie Walker IV and Anfernee Simmons ( still somewhat hopeful for him). I've also bought up a fair bit of Luka Samanic stuff based on his G-League play but he's been riding the pine for a while now at SA which is not a good thing.

My brain is telling me to now go hard at Taytum ( even though his prices have trebled in the past 2 weeks) but with a perpetually maxed out credit card liquidity is always an issue. I have a 300 card submission hitting comc in 10 days but I think the Taytum horse will have bolted by then.

And I feel way more comfortable swimming in the baseball prospecting pool. The Baseball and basketball prospecting game has virtually nothing in common.

SGA is already a beast and his stuff is starting to get away in some prices. Still time to pickup lower end graded stuff, I've got a couple of the Mosaic RC colours away at PSA atm because the pops of them compared to Prizm was super lower. Just something to do I guess. With the PSA backlog though they won't be back for 6 months anyway.

I'm stashing a few Brandon Clarke cards if I pull them or can pickup cheap. I think he's gonna be good. Memphis could be pretty awesome in a year or 2. Clarke, JJJ, Morant, Brooks, Winslow

TLC's age is what would concern me most. He might be worth a go now and flip at season's end. Looks like he had more minutes in the last game than ever before? I can't see stats other than 2020. Having said all that he's an easy pass - mostly because he turns 25 soon.

I missed the early boat on Tatum but it's still not too late. I actually think his Silver Prizm and Green Prizms are still undervalued.
The guy could legit put together an MVP season soon and we all know what that does to prices.

I like Tatum a lot currently and kicking myself for not spotting the obvious. Plays for club with massive hobby appeal; will be contending for next few years; looked sensational at times in his rookie year.

Last year was an aberration. This guy is legit.

SGA is already a beast and his stuff is starting to get away in some prices. Still time to pickup lower end graded stuff, I've got a couple of the Mosaic RC colours away at PSA atm because the pops of them compared to Prizm was super lower. Just something to do I guess. With the PSA backlog though they won't be back for 6 months anyway.

I'm stashing a few Brandon Clarke cards if I pull them or can pickup cheap. I think he's gonna be good. Memphis could be pretty awesome in a year or 2. Clarke, JJJ, Morant, Brooks, Winslow

I'll keep Brandon Clarke in mind. Always open to suggestions from those who follow the NBA closely. Memphis might be good but will they have any hobby appeal outside of Morant.

One thing I've been told is that it's best to stay clear of Centres. Apologies if this sounds stupid but is Porzingis more a centre than a PF? I bought a few of his cards when he went to Dallas but they have not budged despite him having some big games. Is it just consistency he's lacking? Or is it more because he's a true centre rather than a PF, and therefore less hobby relevant?

Last edited:
I'll keep Brandon Clarke in mind. Always open to suggestions from those who follow the NBA closely. Memphis might be good but will they have any hobby appeal outside of Morant.

One thing I've been told is that it's best to stay clear of Centres. Apologies if this sounds stupid but is Porzingis more a centre than a PF? I bought a few of his cards when he went to Dallas but they have not budged despite him having some big games. Is it just consistency he's lacking? Or is it more because he's a true centre rather than a PF, and therefore less hobby relevant?

Porzingis loves the 3, prob a PF, Dallas have Dwight Powell who normally plays C and loves it down in the post, he’s really underrated but will never get any hobby love. And he’s injured bad at the moment. Porzingis May be undervalued atm, especially could rise if they do some playoff damage

Knicks should be embarassed. Dolan should be removed/forced to sell asap.

Super fan for 28+ years, apprently paying $300k/yr or more for tix atm

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNf2fbBJbs0

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/03/us/spike-lee-knicks-employee-entrance-spt-trnd/index.html

ESM91XfXsAYx0-R.jpg

I'm a Knicks fan and I'm just about at my limits with the organisation and ownership. To put your biggest fan on blast and treat him the way they're treating him is a disgrace. As Spike mentioned, he's always used that entrance and it's never been an issue, they can contact him every time his payment is a day late but they can't communicate a simple change like this with him.

If I was running the Knicks and this happened I would've "hired" Spike to allow him permanent access through that entrance, maybe even rename it after the great man for his loyalty and years of service!

I PC Porzingis - always happy to have a look.

Porzingis loves the 3, prob a PF, Dallas have Dwight Powell who normally plays C and loves it down in the post, he’s really underrated but will never get any hobby love. And he’s injured bad at the moment. Porzingis May be undervalued atm, especially could rise if they do some playoff damage

Thank you, sir.

I'm a Knicks fan and I'm just about at my limits with the organisation and ownership. To put your biggest fan on blast and treat him the way they're treating him is a disgrace. As Spike mentioned, he's always used that entrance and it's never been an issue, they can contact him every time his payment is a day late but they can't communicate a simple change like this with him.

If I was running the Knicks and this happened I would've "hired" Spike to allow him permanent access through that entrance, maybe even rename it after the great man for his loyalty and years of service!

Most of my knowledge of the Knicks under James Dolan comes from listening to Max Kellerman on First Take. It sounds like he is the worst owner in the NBA and the reason why the Knicks are never contenders. Pretty sad. And again, as an Australian sports fan, the notion that some egotistical billionaire can run a storied club( f...the term franchise that's for McDonalds) as his plaything, whilst treating its fans and former players (Oakley)with contempt, beggars belief. I hate to say this but all New York Knicks fans can hope for currently is that Dolan gets run over by a bus and killed.

That last comment is not to be taken literally but somehow Dolan has to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom