Jason Kidd to the Mavs

capt.adda5130d41e4ac6a86a82c1ce9021b7.mavericks_kidd_basketball_txmo103.jpg

^You would think that Wright and Allen might look a bit happier now they play for a contender :rolleyes: lol

Fazekas will be resigned by the Mavs, he was only waived to make room for KVH's so he could be added into the deal. Expect Nick to be back on the Mavs IR before the end of the week and playing in the D-League.

With Diop to the Nets and Dampier coming to the end of his career things are looking great for my Bass Collection :)

With Diop to the Nets and Dampier coming to the end of his career things are looking great for my Bass Collection :)

Bass will be a small center if that's the case Cal.

He'll probably continue his backup role as PF for Dirk, as I've read that the Mavs might try to chase Kurt Thomas....

He'll probably continue his backup role as PF for Dirk, as I've read that the Mavs might try to chase Kurt Thomas....[/QUOTE]

i think spurs are chasing thomas also... would be a solid fit on either of those teams... whenever the spurs chase a veteran, they usually get him because its such a desirable place to play and the chance of winning a championship is very high

gee mavs gave up a lot to get kidd... i hope it pays dividends for them.

=loafic;277208

gee mavs gave up a lot to get kidd... i hope it pays dividends for them.

Was it really worth giving up so much talent for Kidd. I mean he's age 35 and who know's how many yr's left in him?????

The Mavs did give up a bit, but less than they were willing to give up (Stack & George).

With Diop gone that's a hole that needs filling, but Harris' spot will be filled.

I think both teams will do well out of this.

The Mavs did give up a bit, but less than they were willing to give up (Stack & George).

With Diop gone that's a hole that needs filling, but Harris' spot will be filled.

I think both teams will do well out of this.

It's good Van Horn is gone as well. He was getting paid to be a bench warmer:thumbsup::thumbsup:.

JKidd comes full circle! The drama is killing me! What a fairy tale it would be if he takes Dallas to the promised land!

JKidd/Nashty are in the mold of the Stockton type pg - gets better and durable with age! But the window is closing fast for you guys so hurry - up!

The rich gets richer! Take your pick for western conference finals. Dallas? LA? SPURS!!! Denver? Phoenix? The surprising and west leading Hornets?

Scotty looks like you don't get to see Harris in his nets uni for a while.

Newly acquired Harris still recovering from sprained ankle

The New Jersey Nets will likely have to wait at least two weeks before they can begin to gauge how well they made out in Tuesday's eight-player deal with Dallas.

Point guard Devin Harris, who will take Jason Kidd's place in the Nets' lineup, said Wednesday the ankle injury that has kept him out for the last three weeks will sideline him for up to two weeks more.

"It looks like it's going to be another week or two before I can get on the court," Harris said at the Nets' practice facility as he, DeSagana Diop, Maurice Ager and Trenton Hassell went through their first workout with their new team.

The four players, plus Keith Van Horn, were acquired Tuesday in a deal that sent Kidd, Antoine Wright and Malik Allen to Dallas. The Nets also received a first-round draft pick this year and in 2010 plus $3 million.

Harris didn't specify whether his time frame meant he would be able to play in a game or just participate in a full practice. Comments by the Mavericks and Nets over the last few days seemed to indicate he would be able to play sooner.

"It wasn't so much a setback, it just doesn't feel as great as it once did," Harris said. "I haven't really done anything since the All-Star break, it's just not really responding."

Harris' absence will give second-year pro Marcus Williams, who had been Kidd's backup, a chance to start beginning with Wednesday night's game against Chicago, Nets coach Lawrence Frank said.

It will also force Frank to make other moves, including putting Vince Carter at point guard.

"Vince will have to play some 1, and that's going to entail Trenton or Mo Ager giving us some minutes at the 2," Frank said. "That's the challenge any time you make a midseason trade. In the short term we'll need to be a little more creative, and then when Devin gets back we look forward to giving him the keys."

Harris, in his fourth year, is averaging career highs of 14.4 points and 5.3 assists this season. Two seasons ago he started 15 of Dallas' 23 games in the playoffs when the team reached the NBA Finals.

Still, it was no secret that the Mavericks saw Kidd as the player who could take the franchise one step further -- and help them keep pace with Phoenix and the Los Angeles Lakers, who made blockbuster deals for Shaquille O'Neal and Pau Gasol, respectively.

Harris seemed to take it in stride Wednesday.

"I know what kind of player I am," he said. "We've been to the Finals with me starting before. They were in a situation where they had to respond with what's going on with the West right now. So you just have to look at it and take it for what it is."

Van Horn, who has not played in 1½ seasons though the Mavericks still owned his rights, was scheduled to work out for the Nets on Wednesday. Van Horn played for the Nets for five seasons, including 2001-02 when the team reached the NBA Finals for the first time in franchise history.

LOL @ Trav!!! Love it!

I wonder what the "written response" would be...

"Who cares"....

Sucks that Harris is still out, I was reading that this morning. Bad ankle sprain, it'll be about 6 weeks by the time he comes back.

Back
Top Bottom