I've joined the Bogut club ;-)

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
Ok its not all vintage today for a change.

I really wanted a Bogut auto of him in his Boomers jersey. Wasn't really interesed in one of him in front of a screen pulling a funny pose.

Well i got one and its /50 too :D A pic coz Sage scan crap.

2003_01180013.jpg

And an even better card! A very sharp hardly done by psa 5 KC Jones 1961 fleer RC! Putting me one card away from the Celts set for that year....oh soo close. Been waiting ages for this one to pop up. There are no known short prints from this set but over the years I've noticed certain cards in circulation lless even star players.

KCJonesRC.jpg

There had to get some old school in LOL

I'll post my Boomers jersey signed by Bogut incoming too when it gets here! That will get framed and on the wall. Hopefully its "To Chad" like I asked for \\:D/

Oh and lippo you glanced over the good card LOL

the boguts very nice but i like the KC better...great player, great coach, great card!:D

you can hardly recognize him, as a coach he looked very different!

Awesome stuff there once again Mr Vintage.
I think everyone should have a Bogut
I'm waiting for a Bogut Game Used Mullet card to come out and Ill hit that.
Really like that KC
The 1961 Fleer set has such a classic design
And are they a little bit smaller than today's cards?
Is PSA 5 a good grade for that set?
Wel done on picking up that card.
Also, are there any cards available from when he had a singing career with 'the Sunshine Band'. :)

Well Locky thats not a great grade but it pops up graded so rarely so I thought to get it and wait for a psa 8 or so later. I'd rather tick off the want list than wait and can always flip this later.

The 61 fleer set is notorious for shocking centering issues. Thats the main problem. The pop report for the Jones is 232 graded and only 14 psa 9's. No 10's in existance. A psa 9 would sell in the region of $1,100 US or so. IF a 10 did pop up and it probably never will it would fetch around the $10,000 US mark and probably sold to Mike Rakosi.

That shows how much a grade or two can make a difference in the hobby.

Thats what makes my Cousy and Russell cards from the 61 set so good as they are both SGC 84's. I just need the Cousy #10 in a psa 8 or higher/SGC 84 or higher. Will probably set me back i the range of $100 US - $300 US depending on centering regardless of the high grade.

Oh and no sunshine band cards :-P

Thanks for the nice comments. :)

Interesting stuff there Mr Vintage and thanks for the explanation
I would imagine then that your SGC cards are "worth" a pretty penny!
I guess with the Vintage cards, given that some of them don't come up that often, its probably best to snap one up and you can always try for a higher graded one later.
So nice pick up and well done on adding to what is a superb collection!

Yeah I must say I am prefering the KC Jones over Bogut... but thats cos... *looks around for any lurkers wishing to do bodily harm*

I do not really like Bogut.

*whistles innocently*

Two classics there Chad, well done. :D Picking up that KC must be heaps satisfying :D and the Bogut is the only boomers auto card that exists to my knowledge. Does anyone know if there is another? :confused: if I'm correct means there are only 64 Bogut Boomers autos out there :cool: - version of 50, 10 and 4. Glad you joined the club too!

Graham, you beat me to it :(

Back
Top Bottom