It's been a minute

Lazlow

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mat
eBay User
blackmetalfan666
Someone messaged me on eBay a week or so ago chasing contact info for a member here, a message I largely ignored because I haven't posted on here since 2018.

But it got me curious to see where the hobby is at now, since I pretty much stopped dead, packed everything away, and tried to forget all the money I spent!

All I can say is... ouch!

The entry level stuff is largely the same, but premium boxes are through the roof. Had no idea Topps were doing Formula 1, but at $1500 for a Hobby Box of Chrome, probably better I didn't! And I see Panini are doing UFC now, but at $880 for a Hobby Box of Prizm (with sticker autos?) no wonder there's no UFC action on this forum anymore. 😅

And that's before shipping, which looks like it's doubled going by dacardworld's estimates.

Anyway, much respect to anyone still dedicated to the cause. It's nice to see this place is still pumping along. Maybe I'll finally start sorting all those "to do" piles.

I’ve noticed prices for overseas sports has been jacked as well, I’ve only just got into the hobby and it’s very off putting, I’m sticking to footy cards for now but if I ever get that American urge my wallet won’t enjoy it haha

You’ve gotta find your niche now and do what you can afford!

retail is available again after getting scooped up by the flippers and you can still do reasonably priced sets and singles and graded cards, it’s still fun for me 😃

Back
Top Bottom