It feels good!

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
So I have sold every single non-PC card I have! Put the $ into a few graded KG cards to come over the next few months. DAMN it feels good to not feel like I need to sell some of the misc stuff to fund other things! This NBA break has been good to me so far!

Anyone got some feel-good stories or what they have been doing? or plan to do with upcoming releases/delayed releases and over the hiatus???

I needed this thread :D Congrats, great to hear and a really good use of the time.

My feel good story for the day: Took my first step to let go of the Zion PC temptation by trading away my Ruby Wave.. only issue is I traded for more of a Zion PC :lol:

I needed this thread :D Congrats, great to hear and a really good use of the time.

My feel good story for the day: Took my first step to let go of the Zion PC temptation by trading away my Ruby Wave.. only issue is I traded for more of a Zion PC :lol:

Nice one man! I traded away a Ja Ruby Wave a few weeks back and ended up selling those things for KG stuff that was in the last mailday - I'm having a good time this year! Back into it!

I'm all for that! Even if it's a card of someone you collect/are a fan of but not the set you want, trade it! Both people win!

Here is a feel good story....... I have been picking up some really good cards from the mid/late 90's....... most are simply base cards with a few inserts here and there...... and I am appreciating these cards more than $1000 cards or the latest and greatest players.

Was digging though a box the other day and stumbled across an MJ SPX card...... brought back many great memories and its a stunning card!

I think I found more joy in this card than some others I have paid a lot more for.

1585738810807.png

Cheers
Matt

Here is a feel good story....... I have been picking up some really good cards from the mid/late 90's....... most are simply base cards with a few inserts here and there...... and I am appreciating these cards more than $1000 cards or the latest and greatest players.

Was digging though a box the other day and stumbled across an MJ SPX card...... brought back many great memories and its a stunning card!

I think I found more joy in this card than some others I have paid a lot more for.

1585738810807.png

Cheers
Matt

What a find!! How cool Matt, coincidence too, was looking at this one today, similar holograph style, prob end up picking it up cause it's so cheap!

1996-97 SP - Premium Collection #PC22 - Kevin Garnett [PSA 8.5 NM‑MT+]
Courtesy of COMC.com

You probably don,t remember this,but one day at the shop in blacktown,Dave got a shipment of boxes and other items and Joel and myself helped you and Dave take them in the shop.Dave gave us a couple of packets of cards for helping.I still have one of those cards,believe it or not.
1585739537240520075554.jpg

What a find!! How cool Matt, coincidence too, was looking at this one today, similar holograph style, prob end up picking it up cause it's so cheap!

1996-97 SP - Premium Collection #PC22 - Kevin Garnett [PSA 8.5 NM‑MT+]
Courtesy of COMC.com

Love that KG!!!

I understand people want the latest and greatest....... and I have been there myself - guilty as charged...... but once you stop comparing yourself to other collectors, you tend to have more fun with your collection. Other people have way more money than me.......and on the other hand im sure some people would kill for some of the cards I have? Do I wish I still had some of the cards I owned..... no doubt, but I got to own them and I never really lost any money on them so im happy where I am.

I remember a time where it was all out trying to get any and every card I wanted for my PC.........then you realise .... ok great I have it what next..... but for me now I love picking up cards from the times I had great fun with collecting...... the early - late 90's.... and a lot of them can be had cheap.

Case in point...... the 93/94 Fleer Ultra Jordan Base card....... one of the first MJ cards I ever owned....... costs about $1 but the sentimental value of it far exceeds its worth! Same with cards like some of the early skybox cards and even a card like the E-Motion card.....that was so cool at the time!

I guess the best lesson I have learnt in collecting is that collect what makes you happy and collect cards that wont send you broke! Its not worth it.

Sometimes a $1 card can bring you as much joy as a $1000 card!

You probably don,t remember this,but one day at the shop in blacktown,Dave got a shipment of boxes and other items and Joel and myself helped you and Dave take them in the shop.Dave gave us a couple of packets of cards for helping.I still have one of those cards,believe it or not.
1585739537240520075554.jpg

He was a generous bloke old Dave! Champion!

I helped him out at a show in Parramatta one Sunday and in thanks he gave me a box of Skybox.

First card out of the box was an Iverson RC Ruby (box topper)...... was stoked....... then about half way through pulled a Garnett Black Autographics..... the rare version....... from there I started the autographics set...... got within about 5 cards from finishing and sold it off to a collector (was about 16/17 at the time) and the money was too good to refuse sold it for about $1200!

Probably spent the money on shoes or some other rubbish!

Love that KG!!!

I understand people want the latest and greatest....... and I have been there myself - guilty as charged...... but once you stop comparing yourself to other collectors, you tend to have more fun with your collection. Other people have way more money than me.......and on the other hand im sure some people would kill for some of the cards I have? Do I wish I still had some of the cards I owned..... no doubt, but I got to own them and I never really lost any money on them so im happy where I am.

I remember a time where it was all out trying to get any and every card I wanted for my PC.........then you realise .... ok great I have it what next..... but for me now I love picking up cards from the times I had great fun with collecting...... the early - late 90's.... and a lot of them can be had cheap.

Case in point...... the 93/94 Fleer Ultra Jordan Base card....... one of the first MJ cards I ever owned....... costs about $1 but the sentimental value of it far exceeds its worth! Same with cards like some of the early skybox cards and even a card like the E-Motion card.....that was so cool at the time!

I guess the best lesson I have learnt in collecting is that collect what makes you happy and collect cards that wont send you broke! Its not worth it.

Picked up this for $11usd today! CAN NOT BEAT IT. I think I'm going to enjoy this card as much as the $100usd card I picked up the other day honestly!!!!! Notes on the back talk about 2000 Syd Olympics, which I went to, so much nostalgia!

1999-00 Bowman's Best - World's Best #WB2 - Kevin Garnett [BGS 9 MINT]
Courtesy of COMC.com

Picked up this for $11usd today! CAN NOT BEAT IT. I think I'm going to enjoy this card as much as the $100usd card I picked up the other day honestly!!!!! Notes on the back talk about 2000 Syd Olympics, which I went to, so much nostalgia!

1999-00 Bowman's Best - World's Best #WB2 - Kevin Garnett [BGS 9 MINT]
Courtesy of COMC.com

As someone who was at 4 USA games at Sydney 2000 and also got to see them at the team hotel after a game......... love this!

A great reminder Matt. I posted this last night

A good reminder while we are all stuck in some form of Lockdown. A few posts lately have made me think about this.

We are in a hobby where we are all chasing the next big hit, razz win or PC card.

Remember to take the time to appreciate what you do have - big, small, trades, gifts, PC or not

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=69&v=TBRy3QrRGFI

Back
Top Bottom