Is Supertoad's 1/1 the most expensive card ever sold by an OCT member??

loafic

Walt Frazier Collector
Real Name
Branko
eBay User
loafic
gr8 work by Supertoad getting $4,800 for his 1/1 Jeremy Lin...

It now begs the question, is it the most expensive card ever sold by one of our members?

Pretty sure Alex sold a Jordan Classic 61 for around $5k.
Most i've sold anything for is $3k, i have a card that just sold for $4k but still waiting payment (He has till Thursday).

I'm pretty sure that Lin 1/1 would be one of the highest profit % made by an OCT member on a sale though

Good profit margin considering it was sub US$200 back in september. How much % increase is that?

buyer looks the goods, and card is insured to 5k. I know that claiming back should anything go foul will be a lot of hurdle jumping but hey, let ya'll know soon. Fingers crossed for me guys.

Well done on the sale.....absolutly stupid price to pay for a young guy who really hasnt proven much.
No doubt hes got the goods tho but 4.5k....i think not.

Am I the only person that thinks that it's $4500 too much?

I love a good story, but these prices are getting a bit ridiculous. You could buy an 03/04 Jordan Exquisite Limited Logo for that.

Of course it is, all hype is too much, and its all cardboard lol, plus it's all relative to money situation, I wouldn't pay that even for an MJ LL, not even half that. Each to their own, it's what makes collecting so interesting!

This is the card I'm talking about, he's a member on here but didn't post it on here after the abuse he received on BO because he decided to share his great story. I couldn't care less if it was legit or not I just think it's all a little crazy to be spending this much on cardboard but if you have the money to spend, why not?

As for the Linsanity, I hope it continues but I think this hype amongst collector's is insanity. This is what makes the hobby so interesting.

Capturegfhh.JPG

Capturevbnbmn.JPG

hype is always entertaining...remember back two seasons ago when brandon jennings went on that early tear and his cards where worth a fortune...look what happened...not saying that lin will be in the same boat, but he wont put up those numbers once amare and melo are back...maybe higher assist numbers?????

Have to agree guys, that much for a player who has played well for 6-7 games, c'mon..............,

well done though dude for getting the price you did:)

Back
Top Bottom