Is Panini trying to get out of fulfilling all future redemptions?

Jimmy Butler Auto RC - 250 points

Just pathetic
How is that even comparable to what they have on offer within their Points shop?

Although this Brice Johnson rookie auto for 250 points is pretty tempting!!! (Does he even play in the league anymore?)

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 1.38.15 pm.png

Recently received a replacement redemption .

Got a Anthony Davis Recon Auto replaced with a Evan Mobley Court Kings RC Auto to #49 .

I never ask for points , always ask for a replacement after 120 days.

Email Emily a screen shot of the redemption and have a list of players as possible replacement. Has worked every time , some times the replacement is better than what I would have received originally .

I requested to convert my Dennis Smith Jr Spectra Neon Green RPA into points over 2 years ago and I'm still waiting...

Maybe a follow up with an email will get me my 150 points that I'll do nothing with... It's at the point where I'd prefer to go back to waiting for the card.
So my redemption request was exchanged for points this morning.

I went from a Spectra Neon Green RPA of Dennis Smith Jr to...................................... 150 points.

I understand that Dennis Smith Jr is not the greatest player in the world but 150 points is worth next to nothing.

So my redemption request was exchanged for points this morning.

I went from a Spectra Neon Green RPA of Dennis Smith Jr to...................................... 150 points.

I understand that Dennis Smith Jr is not the greatest player in the world but 150 points is worth next to nothing.
He was good there for a minute. Better than the 150 points trash

I received a redemption earlier this year in February.......... that was redeemed in January 2013!!!!

I still have a whole heap of redemptions in their list of 'Open Tickets'.

For a while I was unable to access my account, when they changed from their old site to their new site, and I could not see the list of open redemptions I had still waiting to come in, but this week I received an email saying:
Please be advised that starting on September 30, 2022, all redemptions for cards of low to mid-level value, where the service ticket was opened on or before December 31, 2017, will no longer be Reward Points eligible. On September 30, 2022, Panini will begin to fulfill redemptions on cards that meet the two criteria by sending you, the customer, a card(s) of equal or greater value. At that point Panini will consider all these redemptions fulfilled and the service tickets will be closed.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS WILL NOT AFFECT HIGH VALUE PANINI CARDS.
Remember, the deadline to claim Reward Points for these open redemptions is September 30, 2022.

So I opened my account today, and I can see my redemptions there again! I will wait for my redemptions, although there are 11 still outstanding, dating from Jan 2013 to Jan 2015. Having a look at the list, it says that I 'updated' the tickets (all of them) in April 2020 (which I did not). That is probably when they finally updated my profile with my outstanding redemptions on the new website from the old one. I just have not checked the Panini Website for a few years now.

Ersk

I just got a Rui redemption in 3 weeks from receiving the redemption

Why can't they just replace these old ones with something else and close em off!

And yet people still pay huge $$$ for this stuff!

Whilst collectors allow Panini to get away with this, they'll keep doing it.

They're obviously just trying to maximise their profits in the remaining few years that they have.

insane - they deserve to get sued for this s***

just came across a video too with their highest end product now a victim of the "not associated with any player" nonsense

absolute garbage

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naBozQH0t8A&ab_channel=RetroHoopCollectibles

My thoughts on this are that in the past they had to wait till the photoshoot happened before they could get the players throwing on a jersey for 10 seconds to say it was player worn, then cut up and put into the cards.

There have been huge delays in printing which is why sets like Prizm only just came out and other releases are pushed back.

So instead of waiting for this photoshoot to happen, they go and get any jerseys they can for the team cut them up and have the cards ready earlier for the players to sign.

So instead of having players wearing the jerseys at the photoshoot and then send the cards to the players, the players are actually signing the cards earlier on which means they don't have to send as many cards out to the players to sign (and which get lost) and they can try and reduce the number of redemptions.

I can see why they have done this, while most collectors don't like it...... they are still selling out products as fast as ever and no one really seems to care when they get a monster patch on their RPA that ends up selling for thousands anyway.

Lets hope they still put game worn jersey pieces in Flawless.....

If they can't obtain game worn material, why don't they just reduce the amount of jersey/patch cards being put into products. Not only will this appease collectors, it will also increase the value of the cards on the secondary market.

People will still buy the product even if there is a reduced chance of hitting a jersey/patch card...

If they can't obtain game worn material, why don't they just reduce the amount of jersey/patch cards being put into products. Not only will this appease collectors, it will also increase the value of the cards on the secondary market.

People will still buy the product even if there is a reduced chance of hitting a jersey/patch card...
Spot on.

Not everyone needs to hit all the time

Spot on.

Not everyone needs to hit all the time
Except it's the problem we (collectors) created. We demanded more autos, more inserts, more gu. Nobody collects sets any more, people hardly even collect players any more. Watch someone rip through a box/pack it's just looking for hits, base tossed to the side.

Back
Top Bottom