Is ebay hacked?

ozsportscardcollector

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Damien
I'm trying to list a card on ebay and it won't let me. When I go to the help section It offers to call me but a box comes up with US/Canada only despite my number being visible. The automated assistant says it is outside normal hours. Normal times was always until 8.pm WST

Am I paranoid in thinking the Russians will be hacking every possible website in the West?

Seems totally f...d

Edit: It's asking me for payment policies and when I hit the link nothing happens except an error saying contact help. Also the automated assistant says PT which I'm assuming is Pacific time. I've never seen that before.

Looks like the site has been severely compromised. Can't list, can't get assistance.

Last edited:
I've managed to finally upload my listing( after 2 hours of banging my fist on a desk). The listing is in USD( all my other listings are in AUD) and the payment policy, which for all my other listings says Paypal within 4 days, etc.., is called "Ebay can f....themselves" and it listed it. I couldn't use any shipping method other than USPS and Australia was one of the destination countries as opposed to the country of origin meaning that my ip address must be showing USA. As I suspect ebay has been frigged with. Something off or what? I've had heaps of problems with ebay over the last few years but this takes the take.

1.Either ebay have been hacked
2. My computer has been hijacked
3. I'm going insane.....
4. all of the above

Last edited:
I wasted another 2 hours of my life talking with ebay reps today. They told me I was listing the card on ebay.com instead of ebay.com.au. I always log onto the ebay.com.au site. So either my computer has been hijacked or it has something to do with raw cards over $500 having to be authenticated. I'm none the wiser but I've taken down the listing. If someone had bought the card they would not have been able to pay for it because the payment policy was "ebay can f....themselves". How can anyone pay money to that policy?Just nuts.

Last 24 hours merely confirmed how hopeless ebay customer service is. No one to help me. It is beyond frustrating. I suspect that ebay is going to lose a ton of business unless they stop their insane card policies and get well trained reps. People will be selling exclusively through internet groups or in person at shows.

I wasted another 2 hours of my life talking with ebay reps today. They told me I was listing the card on ebay.com instead of ebay.com.au. I always log onto the ebay.com.au site. So either my computer has been hijacked or it has something to do with raw cards over $500 having to be authenticated. I'm none the wiser but I've taken down the listing. If someone had bought the card they would not have been able to pay for it because the payment policy was "ebay can f....themselves". How can anyone pay money to that policy?Just nuts.

Last 24 hours merely confirmed how hopeless ebay customer service is. No one to help me. It is beyond frustrating. I suspect that ebay is going to lose a ton of business unless they stop their insane card policies and get well trained reps. People will be selling exclusively through internet groups or in person at shows.
GOOD LUCK DEALING WITH EBAY,

Yes I share your frustration. Ebay continually took me to American ebay for a while there.
After seller hub was pushed on us, unbelievably things got even worse for glitches and bugs. I was no fan of that either.

I used to have 40-60 listings on ebay. I now have less than 10 and recently sent 400 cards to comc. I might not be getting as much as I would had I sold the cards here on ebay but it's so much easier when all you have to do is package and send them and then just put a price on them.
I swear I must have lost week of my life talking to ebay over the past 2 years. It's such a waste of time and it's stressful.

F...'em.

Also, I may have unintentionally saved myself a big headache. I'd forgotten that raw cards over $500 have to get independantly authenticated( lol) by a third party. There are some horror stories coming back of cards jammed half way down the card saver etc. Ebay have shot themselves in the foot imo.
I probably said this before but for nearly 2 years I have been unable to sell into the Sydney metro area. That's maybe 40% of the entire oz market and they have been unable to fix this glitch. Actually I have lost at least 2 weeks of my life dealing with them.

Sounds like you need a new trading card marketplace...

We've just launched a trading card marketplace called MERQARY.com. We're operating in a completely different way to eBay. Below you can see that we charge a monthly membership fee.

One of the key things with our plans are that we call each sale a transaction which means that if a buyer buys 1,000 cards from you for $5,000, this is only 1 'transaction'. If this is your first transaction of the month, you've still got 19 more transactions before the 3% commission on sales kicks in.

If you are consistently going over the 20 transactions per month, you can go up to the next membership tier which is $19.99/month and gives you 50 commission free transactions per month.

You will also notice that you can have 5,000 free marketplace listings per month. So no more paying additional listing fees once you go over eBay's small number of free insertions per month.

As well as having all of these Marketplace benefits over eBay, you also get your very own Trophy Room to digitally track your trading cards collection. We have uploaded all of the checklists into the site so this allows you to track what cards you've got and which cards you need. I have attached a screenshot of my Trophy Room.

If we were to compare marketplace to marketplace fees, on $9.99/month you only need to sell $100 worth of cards to be ahead of eBay's fees. But then with MERQARY you also get to track your collection as part of the same fees. Then once we add more features you will be so much better off being with us!

We're also adding more features as quickly as we can to make the platform the only trading card hub you'll need.

Oh, and we're Australian owned and you will always have direct access to me for any issues or suggestions you have for the site to make your hobby experience more enjoyable!

Let me know if you have any questions with the site.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 10.41.21 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 10.55.57 pm.png

Back
Top Bottom