Is Dwight the New Shaq??

Benny J

Mr Big Shot...
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
15DVS
Ok...so it is early in the season....and i know he has a long way to go....but is Dwight Howard the new Shaq.

He has been putting up some serious numbers lately....and IMO is holding the Magic together and is the main reason they are where they are.

So I put it too you....could he be better than Shaq??

Man, hes got a LONG way to go to even catch shaq. despite the numbers he puts up, hes still so raw. very one dimensional too, in that hes still just a scorer/rebounder. if he works on his game in years to come, he will just be scary to watch. needs a lot of work on both defense and offense, but if he had that drive to constantly improve and be the best, that quality that MJ and guys like Kobe have, he will rival bron as the best player in the league.

from me one word "yes" to big to dominant he enterd the dunk comp and did well and he is so massive I saw him next to duncan hes shoulders are huge.

Man, hes got a LONG way to go to even catch shaq. despite the numbers he puts up, hes still so raw. very one dimensional too, in that hes still just a scorer/rebounder. if he works on his game in years to come, he will just be scary to watch. needs a lot of work on both defense and offense, but if he had that drive to constantly improve and be the best, that quality that MJ and guys like Kobe have, he will rival bron as the best player in the league.

No doubt and i agree on all points.

It would appear that he has some drive as he has constantly improved over his first three seasons and is "going off" so far this season.

I also agree that if he continues on this path he will be one of the top three in the league!!

Oh and i reckon he is better than the current day shaq already....poor old shaq should have retired after his championship.....:blink:

Minus the Championships, and some other awards, he'll be a better player than Shaq.

Has a lot less weight to cart around, so we'll see more and more game time from Dwight. He can already put up 20-20-5 nights (on occasions), which Shaq cannot.

He lacks the body mass that Shaq has, which he uses to over power his defenders for easy dunks. Oh, and he can shoot FTs.

IMO, he's better than Shaq.

Can score with ease, he's already got an arsenal down low to make his shots when guys are playing him heavy in the deep paint. That speaks Shaq to me on offense, but still improvement on D to come. He isn't as dominant as Shaq was, in the way Shaq's body was a weapon in itself, but, if he gets the ball deep, he can score with ease. He does have a way to go to be perfect night in and night out though.
Certainly good for the game, Okafor, Dwight, Big Al, Al Horford, KG. The dominant F/C era.

Firstly, Shaq is not your typical NBA center that can be compared to... the way he exploits his opponents with his massive body and quickness, the way he dunks the ball, his defensive presence are all his trademarks and they are still unique.

Howard is from a new breed of NBA center where athleticism dominates, he is fast, strong unlike traditional centers who are noticeably bulky or lanky. Better than Shaq?? I don't know because it is hard to compare 2 different types of players. But Howard is definitely more effective than the 35 year old Shaq for the obvious reason of age.

Howard have managed a very consistent performance every game this year, a sign that he will become a superstar and possibly a hall of famer barring injury. There is still some parts of the game that he can improve: passing, defense etc but that will come with age.

Howard is from a new breed of NBA center where athleticism dominates..

Yea, like Amare and Bosh kind of thing. I think Hakeem to a certain extent was one of the earlier cases of a really athletic and flexible C but there's no way we can compare Dwight to Olajuwon.

Dwight is powerful, so was/is Shaq. Shaq was just alot more all-round and polished upon entering the NBA. Dwight is still so young (21 or 22..) and the way he's going so far this season, it's possible to compare him to Shaq but he's not the new Shaq. He will be better than Shaq :cool:

Could be good down the line. Just needs to add a consistent perimeter J to his arsenal then he's rolling. Already an exciting and dominating physical specimen on the low block. COuld surpass Amare and Bosh.

Back
Top Bottom