SOLD/TRADED REMOVED

What I meant was that hopefully you bought the 2017 hobby box around the time it released and not recently.

1613012683593.png

The good old days! I really regret not having foresight to load up. They were $100 a box. This order now would be in excess of $20,000

I lied...1 - 2017 Panini Prizm Football Hobby Jumbo Box (PLUS 1 Kickoff Pack!) - $119.95

Last edited:
That was a pretty garbage opening. All the boxes were terrible. Stupidly sold one of the Soccer boxes earlier in 2020 before the boom for $100. I was so happy...then realised i could have got $400 a few months later
I'm impressed that you managed to sit on it for as long as you did. I have never been able to sit on sealed wax. Had I been able to I would be sitting on a small fortune. My last decent size order of wax was 3 weeks before Christmas. All of it was meant to go under the tree but none of it made it.

I'm impressed that you managed to sit on it for as long as you did. I have never been able to sit on sealed wax. Had I been able to I would be sitting on a small fortune. My last decent size order of wax was 3 weeks before Christmas. All of it was meant to go under the tree but none of it made it.
First box of Donruss Soccer was crap, so I said I wouldn't waste my time.

Now I am sitting on this...

20210211_183223.jpg

First box of Donruss Soccer was crap, so I said I wouldn't waste my time.

Now I am sitting on this...

20210211_183223.jpg
Are you going to buy any 2020/21 Prizm wax?. I've seen hobby for presale here around the $2000 mark which seems reasonable given it's $2000 USD in the states but I haven't seen any prices for retail boxes or blasters. I spoke with someone who is going to buy it at that price to sit on and is convinced he'll make bank in 2 years time. I'm not so sure. It's a hefty buy in price. Hope you still have your stash and kudos for being able to leave it untouched if you have.

Are you going to buy any 2020/21 Prizm wax?. I've seen hobby for presale here around the $2000 mark which seems reasonable given it's $2000 USD in the states but I haven't seen any prices for retail boxes or blasters. I spoke with someone who is going to buy it at that price to sit on and is convinced he'll make bank in 2 years time. I'm not so sure. It's a hefty buy in price. Hope you still have your stash and kudos for being able to leave it untouched if you have.
I've got a hobby box on the way.

I was confident about "making bank" in a few years, then remembered that Lamelo is a redemption so that will put a dampener on things.

That said, still a big chance at silvers and numbered cards (Along with Wisemans and Edwards), so it won't ever drop below what I paid.

I've seen hangers for around $200 after SMC fees etc, and think that that might be as good as it gets.

Blasters will be around $300 and Megas $500.

I will get a few of the retail varieties to hold.

Nice one. I wouldn't worry about the redemption too much. I doubt it will impact its long term value. Prizm is about parallels. If they weren't those nasty stickers I wouldn't be saying that but if it's autos people are after you buy Optic imo. Prizm stickers are yuk. Again, well done on the holding. Initially I thought it would be crazy to buy a box for $2000 at release and assume that it will rise in value. But short of economic meltdowns and global armed conflicts( both very real possibilities) that box of Prizm will almost certainly double in 12 months. I doubt it does 3 or 4 X in that period but if some of the currently unheralded guys become relevant tht might be the case. I really wish I could buy sealed wax and sit on it but as a degenerate gambler/wax addict, I can't.

Nice one. I wouldn't worry about the redemption too much. I doubt it will impact its long term value. Prizm is about parallels. If they weren't those nasty stickers I wouldn't be saying that but if it's autos people are after you buy Optic imo. Prizm stickers are yuk. Again, well done on the holding. Initially I thought it would be crazy to buy a box for $2000 at release and assume that it will rise in value. But short of economic meltdowns and global armed conflicts( both very real possibilities) that box of Prizm will almost certainly double in 12 months. I doubt it does 3 or 4 X in that period but if some of the currently unheralded guys become relevant tht might be the case. I really wish I could buy sealed wax and sit on it but as a degenerate gambler/wax addict, I can't.
19/20 is only 4.5k atm. That said, it started at 100 bucks!!!!

It's a long term hold. 8+ years...hopefully better return than my shares

Back
Top Bottom