Investing in trading cards! How to Videos and Prospects!

Great video! I really like the research and stats that you provide as I’m not a very good stats guy and find it easier to be presented in this format rather than doing my own research :D

Great video! I really like the research and stats that you provide as I’m not a very good stats guy and find it easier to be presented in this format rather than doing my own research :D

Im glad you found it useful Lulu. Cheers!

Can you invest in cards? I think if your passion is money, sure. Most tend to take on shady practices eventually though.

I don't grt caught up in all the new Rookie hoopla. I just try to grab PC items that hold no future value or I try to collect a nice looking set that I think won't lose money.

I like your passion man. Vids are good.

Can you invest in cards? I think if your passion is money, sure. Most tend to take on shady practices eventually though.

I don't grt caught up in all the new Rookie hoopla. I just try to grab PC items that hold no future value or I try to collect a nice looking set that I think won't lose money.

I like your passion man. Vids are good.

Hi Drobfan8,

There are collectors and there are investors. In many cases collectors are also investors to some degree and vice versa.

I've known people who have invested in cards and was able come out (after a few years) with enough $$$ to afford a car or pay for a semester or two of university. And it was all done legitimately on Ebay, just the simple buy low and sell high premise, nothing shady about it. With the rise of ComC and Probstein, I can only imagine there are more investors now than ever.

From an investment perspective, rookie cards are a serious risks, most will devalue after a few years. You have to be very precise (or lucky) to make money out of RCs. So if you are a risk averse investor, my advice is to stay clear of rookie cards, especially on their rookie year!

I would suggest you check out my video on "investing in the year 2020" at the top of the page. It touches on the disparity between collectors and investors in the sports card world.

PS. And there is nothing wrong with being a collector, in fact, in todays volatile climate, I think we need more dedicated collectors than card flipping investors.

Back
Top Bottom