OzCardTrader
Real Name
Paul
eBay User
coultard1
Hi all just listing some details about me:

Your Name: Paul
Where you are from: melbourne
A little intro about yourself: clipper fan! yep i;m the one! why you ask? watched them live back in 1991 when I was in America and they had a cool team back then of Ron Harper, Charles Smith, Danny Manning, Ken Norman, Gary Grant etc

And what you collect: shoring up my old basketball collection from early 90s

clipper said:
Hi all just listing some details about me:

Your Name: Paul
Where you are from: melbourne
A little intro about yourself: clipper fan! yep i;m the one! why you ask? watched them live back in 1991 when I was in America and they had a cool team back then of Ron Harper, Charles Smith, Danny Manning, Ken Norman, Gary Grant etc

And what you collect: shoring up my old basketball collection from early 90s

you forgot to mention mark jackson, pooh richardson,in the 93 playoff days, remember them? the playoffs? :D

white_chocolate_55 said:
you forgot to mention mark jackson, pooh richardson,in the 93 playoff days, remember them? the playoffs? :D

yeah mark jackson came to the team in the trade for doc rivers and charles smith to new york. Ahh and we had larry brown as coach back then too!

I'll have to work out some trades in the future with you white_chocolate_55, I see you have some clipper games on dvd

sounds good mate, always keen for dvds i dont have...
it was a good trade doc/smith/mark jackson... i thought ridding smith was a bad thing to begin with, but luckily his career was shortened in ny and later to the spurs by a knee injury.. mark jackson was a steady player for you... that was a great year 1993, larry brown headed you to the playoffs.. unfortunate i think the rockets knocked them off.. i see you making the playoffs this year, my boy elton brand should take u there..

hey if i recall, clippers also had

dominique wilkins
elmore spencer/stan roberts in their primes
bo outlaw
Terry Dehere
Malik Sealy
Tony Massenburg

all in their primes too.. they've had some great players the clips... but they wont beat the players goldenstate have had haha..

oh welcome by the way :p

just Reminiscing

white_chocolate_55 said:
hey if i recall, clippers also had

dominique wilkins
elmore spencer/stan roberts in their primes
bo outlaw
Terry Dehere
Malik Sealy
Tony Massenburg

all in their primes too.. they've had some great players the clips... but they wont beat the players goldenstate have had haha..

oh welcome by the way :p

just Reminiscing

hahaha yeah looking back in the history of the team is fun, makes for good stories!

Stanley Roberts and John "Hot Dog" Williams formed the buffet brothers for the clips!

then couple of years later it was kevin duckworth, who preceded to fade into fat air!

Malik Sealy as written in Pro Basketball Handbook was "a shooting guard who couldn't shoot!" but he had his tie design business going instead of working on jump shots. RIP Malik.......

Also Lamond Murray, Brent Barry, Brian "World Be Free" Williams, Rodney Rogers oh and throw in their mark aguire one year too! Think he was guarding Robinson when he scored 71 on the clips!

"Hot Dog" williams? Wasn't it "Hot Rod"??? Brent Barry, biggest champ, love his style, he had all the tools, his greatest season in Seattle i still remember, 15 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, drained his 3's as usual! Rodney Rogers!!

white_chocolate_55 said:
no, there was another john williams.. a fatter version.. so that'd be who he's talking about.. and hot rod never played for the clips, he was a cav/sun..

yeah, I think he started out in washington (not 100% certain on that), but before his weight problems, he probably was one of the first multi-talented forwards, a bit like lamar odom.

Back
Top Bottom