International Shipping

Telfs Card Park

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tom Telfer
eBay User
dynastysportscentral
Didn't get a response in the general forum so am re-posting here:

I have been trying to work out what is the best and most affordable way to ship cards internationally using tracking as I had a bad experience recently with a number of cards getting lost and because I only offered economy shipping without tracking I was left out of pocket.

I want to add tracking to the next lot of cards I sell for the reasons stated above but from what I have found the cheapest alternative is $19 as a starting point and I can't expect many buyers to bid on my items if they see that shipping price. I see a lot of sellers outside the US offer international shipping for anywhere between $4-10 including tracking and am wondering if they are absorbing some of the postage cost themselves or whether I am missing something?

Must be an Aussie Post thing as sending Registered O/S is generally $20-$28 internationally, however I'm the same as you when I've purchased from Ebay sellers in Korea, Taiwan etc I can pay $5USD and it comes Registered requiring a signature. Haven't looked hard for an alternative, just resigned myself to only selling internationally for High End cards where the postage is justified, or low end cards sending normal mail and take the risk.

Must be an Aussie Post thing as sending Registered O/S is generally $20-$28 internationally, however I'm the same as you when I've purchased from Ebay sellers in Korea, Taiwan etc I can pay $5USD and it comes Registered requiring a signature. Haven't looked hard for an alternative, just resigned myself to only selling internationally for High End cards where the postage is justified, or low end cards sending normal mail and take the risk.

Thanks, I think that ePacket shipment can be arranged if you are posting a high volume of packages such as for a business but that is not what I am doing. I have mostly low-mid level stuff that I am looking to sell at the moment and will have to probably keep taking the risk of untracked packages because the shipping cost can't be justified if its more than what you are sending.

Back
Top Bottom