Insurance.

adz2332

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Adam
I have just bought a house and have been doing all the fun stuff like changing over the utilities and getting house insurance etc. Which got me thinking.

Has anyone ever had to claim on there normal household insurance for your cards?
Like have they been stolen etc?
As I was thinking how id go trying to claim for the cards as I would have over $3000+ worth at least in cards. The Primus captain sig worth $500 to $1000 by itself etc.

I am pretty sure they are not covered under a standard insurance policy. You have to add them as a specific item. My insurance company was great tho. I just told the i had a collection of $X, and they added a small amount the the yearly premium.

I have cards listed separately and collections as a whole up to a certain point are covered. I pay extra for mine. Documenting them either online or on disc not stored at your house isn't a bad idea either.

good call with the photos
keep proof someone other than the house.

they would come under the insurance as a separate item as they are worth over $xx amount. (i think my insurance is anything over two and a half grand has to be seperate listed or something)

itll cost bugger all onto ya normal tally as dickyKnee said
and well worth the piece of mind.....u might not be able to hunt down specific cards if they are nicked or burnt but at least u get some cash to start again.

I have mine included with our house & contents. They are aware of them all, and they list them as a separate item.

I asked them about what happens if I need to make a claim on them, they said it's basically a trust system, they trust that I had them and that they were worth x amount.

I have most/almost all documented with what I paid for them too.

A lot of insurance companies I believe do not accept cards as a personal item, and may not cover any claims...

Back
Top Bottom