Insurance

Alistair

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Alistair
In light of JP55's recent thread, I thought I would ask, are your cards insured?

I am currently going through the process of scanning, cataloguing and pricing for this very purpose. Once I can put a ballpark dollar value on my collection I will shop around for a policy.

Put simply, most of us have spent too much time, money and effort getting to this stage and it would be so pointless to lose the lot in the blink of an eye.

So is your collection insured? If so, what sort of policy are you on?

Arent they automatically insured with your House and Contents insurance? because, they are, Contents after all :D

Arent they automatically insured with your House and Contents insurance? because, they are, Contents after all :D

I believe so, but some policies only cover up to $x amount and given the value of a lot of collections, I have a feeling quite a few people would have taken out a separate policy. I'll be interested to hear :)

We're with RACT, and my Harris PC is fully covered.

We recently (like a week ago) got our Policy Renewall, so I took the time to call them up, and update them with details.

At first, they wanted itemised list, but now, they said that they'd just take my word for it (on what I have), should the inevitible happen.

I've got it listed separately with a $ amount of cover so, while I certainly wouldnt be able to buy them all back (simply impossible), I would be able to move on and do something else with the $ if they were ever lost in a fire, or damaged, or worse, etc.

I believe that some members have actually had to go to a broker for their insurance as simply put some companies don't recognise them as appropriate "contents".

I have cleared with RACT what would happen should something ever happen, and I will say, I'm MORE than pleased with them!

Back
Top Bottom