Insurance for cards and memorabilia

troy titans douglas

Nrl Titans Collector
Real Name
Troy
Hi guys,

I’ve recently bought a house and I’m looking at getting contents insurance and most covers seem to only cover a low amount under memorabilia and collectibles. Some PDS’ mention you must have your items professionally evaluated too.

I’m looking recommendations into what you guys have done to insure your collection whether it’s under your contents insurance or seperate? And also if anyone knows who/where I’d find someone to evaluate my items.

I have a heap of jerseys, cards, other gear and framed items including game worn items.

Any help/advice appreciated

Cheers

Hi guys,

I’ve recently bought a house and I’m looking at getting contents insurance and most covers seem to only cover a low amount under memorabilia and collectibles. Some PDS’ mention you must have your items professionally evaluated too.

I’m looking recommendations into what you guys have done to insure your collection whether it’s under your contents insurance or seperate? And also if anyone knows who/where I’d find someone to evaluate my items.

I have a heap of jerseys, cards, other gear and framed items including game worn items.

Any help/advice appreciated

Cheers
Troy, the only insurance company that I could find that would insure my total collection, was from England,
for half a mill, is $2000 a year.

What have they got to do with insurance, they would not make a safe big enough.
Yes I was being a bit cheeky but I also consider this to be the best insurance for cards (not memorabilia obviously a bit hard to put a Jersey in there). High end cards are protected from theft (of opportunity) and given a level of protection in the case of fire.

Insurance is a very grey area as to what and how much they'll cover and very subjective as to values. Some cover will only hold it to a certain limit as well so you need to check with your individual insurer - I know some have a limit for memorabilia of $2k

Yes I was being a bit cheeky but I also consider this to be the best insurance for cards (not memorabilia obviously a bit hard to put a Jersey in there). High end cards are protected from theft (of opportunity) and given a level of protection in the case of fire.

Insurance is a very grey area as to what and how much they'll cover and very subjective as to values. Some cover will only hold it to a certain limit as well so you need to check with your individual insurer - I know some have a limit for memorabilia of $2k
2k, was what I was told by a few, but after some points were put forward, some said just to up the contents, I even got wesfarmers to 220k.

2k, was what I was told by a few, but after some points were put forward, some said just to up the contents, I even got wesfarmers to 220k.

Just have to be careful I know even with upped limits some still have limitations on some categories.

My biggest concern would be if you were to ever lose them, the proving to them would be difficult in terms of item value and also having photographic evidence of ownership of every item.

It would also worry me how they would get their value. I'm an nba collector so we do have Beckett for pricing but I know my collection would be severely under valued if that was used and so many factors with memorabilia,
Eg. There was a laker signed team Jersey with a dodgy coa that sold at auction in Melbourne for $280, if it had a legit coa probably ten times that

Bumping this up. Any recommendations for insurance companies that will cover collections valued into the $100k's?

Back
Top Bottom