If you have purchased high end graded NBA cards recently, you should check this out!

You have to give them couple guys for all the hard work they have put into this. So much keeps popping up it’s sickening!

As a kid in the 90s, you get the odd kid touching up corners/edges.. Now... 🤢

Note
PSA will refund you the sale price (if your not the original submitter)
BGS, it’s toast..

Have no doubt this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I did have to laugh, there is a similar thread on vintage baseball and in one card there had a heap of "conservation" work done to it and it only realised one extra dollar in value increase when sold the second time round at a higher grade.

But in some cases, these losers trimming these cards are increasing the value of vintage stuff by thousands...….its quite scary to be honest.

Almost makes you appreciate the cards that have a bit of wear and tear as you know they are most likely not been tampered with.

Hate to be in Nat Turner's shoes in this point in time with all his graded cards.. but I guess his too loaded to care anyway.. He does grade alot of his cards himself but scary to think about the ones his bought already graded though.

I've been watching the threads pop up on BO recently and find it fascinating albeit horrifying. I don't understand the desire to mutilate the card, I mean I get they do it out of greed, but as someone who is a lover of cards I would always pretty a less than perfect untrimmed card over a trimmed card anyday. The fact they can take a knife to such high end, low numbered cards just churns my stomach. Luckily I'm not a high end guy and while I enjoy getting a card with a nice grade I'm not out to pay a premium for it and would prefer a well priced raw card anyway.

I've been watching the threads pop up on BO recently and find it fascinating albeit horrifying. I don't understand the desire to mutilate the card, I mean I get they do it out of greed, but as someone who is a lover of cards I would always pretty a less than perfect untrimmed card over a trimmed card anyday. The fact they can take a knife to such high end, low numbered cards just churns my stomach. Luckily I'm not a high end guy and while I enjoy getting a card with a nice grade I'm not out to pay a premium for it and would prefer a well priced raw card anyway.

Is scary how so many mass grading submissions that come back as 9.5's and 10's have been found to have been trimmed have then been sold by the big consigners.

Is scary how so many mass grading submissions that come back as 9.5's and 10's have been found to have been trimmed have then been sold by the big consigners.

It's extremely concerning that so called 'professionals' are missing things that can be seemingly be researched by anyone online, as these BO investigators have proven. I'm guessing it has to do with grader fatigue and too much volume going through these companies as was evident but the months and months of backlogs that was happening late last year.

It's extremely concerning that so called 'professionals' are missing things that can be seemingly be researched by anyone online, as these BO investigators have proven. I'm guessing it has to do with grader fatigue and too much volume going through these companies as was evident but the months and months of backlogs that was happening late last year.

Have heard that some graders get 60 seconds or less to spend examining a card and assigning a grade. How true this is I don't know?

The amount of cards that have been trimmed is actually insane. So many Stephs, LeBrons, Hardens, etc. It's mind blowing. I don't purchase high-end cards but I would be very, very weary when laying down any sort of cash unless I knew the lineage of the specific card I was buying.

Sad.. just sad to see we have people like this in our hobby that we all love so dearly :thumbsdown:

This is not good for the industry.

Has anyone ever thought of creating a website for dodgy cards and dealers? The guys who worked so hard on finding and investigating this stuff out all of this would be great and make a huge impact world wide and for the future of card collecting. The cards found should be on a web site so if they pop up again, we can check the website to see if its been trimmed, recoloured, re-slabbed etc etc

With the world so connected with social media and websites, we as collectors shouldn't have to put up with this

Back
Top Bottom