Idea for traders

Croz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
Mattcroz
So @Sharky and I have been discussing about NRL Traders and a way for ESP to go with it into future.

At current you have traders, with a hit once ever 2nd or 3rd box. A box card, emerald and or retirement in every one, though no hit in every box. So as all know I like saying value for money saying.

So this is how we would have traders

Normal hobby box (packs from
Newsagents)
Box card
2 x serial number or 1x sig (similar to extreme) and serial number card
Insets
Parellel numbers

Fat packs (available from woolies and coles)
Woolies - green parellels
Coles - red parellels
These could also go to insets and hits

What is your views??

I think the whole Traders release needs a big change up. It has pretty much been a same release for the last 3-4 years. I have heard TLA are planning a big shake up to the structure and content for 2020.

In terms of value for money, I think Traders is okay. $4 per packet and at least 5 or 6 higher end numbered hits per case. Select were only $3 per packet and rarely had numbered hits.

What I would do is take the numbering off predictors (the numbers don’t match what you get back anyway), drop these to 1:72. This way you make obtaining a set more achievable for those inclined and ALL cards should be redeemable as a set, not just /50. Alternately you could make the predictors Dally M for individual players. Maybe 5 per team with a wildcard.

Increasing numbered hits per box is good in theory but the reality (IMO) is that it will just cause more dumping onto an already overburdened secondary market and cause prices to drop even lower.

I think the whole Traders release needs a big change up. It has pretty much been a same release for the last 3-4 years. I have heard TLA are planning a big shake up to the structure and content for 2020.

In terms of value for money, I think Traders is okay. $4 per packet and at least 5 or 6 higher end numbered hits per case. Select were only $3 per packet and rarely had numbered hits.

What I would do is take the numbering off predictors (the numbers don’t match what you get back anyway), drop these to 1:72. This way you make obtaining a set more achievable for those inclined and ALL cards should be redeemable as a set, not just /50. Alternately you could make the predictors Dally M for individual players. Maybe 5 per team with a wildcard.

Increasing numbered hits per box is good in theory but the reality (IMO) is that it will just cause more dumping onto an already overburdened secondary market and cause prices to drop even lower.
Similar to the select afl cards.
True with the dumping, we just need that happy median where it interest the footy fan , in joining the hobby also, plus keeps the collector happy and isn’t a bust of a set that is bog cheap

Poor timing though. I am not against it, but I feel sets if this nature should come with club memberships.

This is a bit like the Dynamic days though...
Yes I think clubs should have these, however club $$ are very tight, I was lucky to work for one, and got an understanding on How things work

Definitely need to be heavily subsidised by the NRL but can you imagine little and big kids delight when their club membership arrives with team sets like this! Surely that would help bolster membership numbers and in turn out more $$ in the clubs pockets.

Definitely need to be heavily subsidised by the NRL but can you imagine little and big kids delight when their club membership arrives with team sets like this! Surely that would help bolster membership numbers and in turn out more $$ in the clubs pockets.
It was suggested a few times to the club I worked for. . Went on deaf ears and they wanted to spend $$ else where’s . Though would love to see how many cards we picked up or taken over the magic round

You wont see sets like this unless there are businesses with some spare advertising cash to splash around.

I know of one promotion that the supplier paid close to $200k for cards to be printed and packed and overall it cost the supplier about $30K to produce......money for jam! In saying that it was a success for the company as it drove sales and more than likely paid for itself.

These are very lucrative for the businesses making the cards as most of the time all the stock is sent to one location and paid for within terms.....no need for returns etc. little hassle for lots of gain......but they don't come along that often.

Let me ask people.....how many of you shop at Best & Less normally and how many of you have visited just for these cards and bought some new undies or socks whilst there?

If you did......its an effective marketing ploy!

You wont see sets like this unless there are businesses with some spare advertising cash to splash around.

I know of one promotion that the supplier paid close to $200k for cards to be printed and packed and overall it cost the supplier about $30K to produce......money for jam! In saying that it was a success for the company as it drove sales and more than likely paid for itself.

These are very lucrative for the businesses making the cards as most of the time all the stock is sent to one location and paid for within terms.....no need for returns etc. little hassle for lots of gain......but they don't come along that often.

Let me ask people.....how many of you shop at Best & Less normally and how many of you have visited just for these cards and bought some new undies or socks whilst there?

If you did......its an effective marketing ploy!
Yeah a very good market ploy
With my previous occupation, I work with a club, in which I offered my services of some areas logistics, WHS, admin, leadership and gift of the gab.
I did a quick check and assessment on their equipment in relation to storage, use and accountability.
Let’s put it this way, I suggested way to fix and improve, to ensure less $$ being used to fix or maintain equipment, however it was flogged off as a waste of time and resources to fix the problem.

I knew a game day, where advertising stubby coolers were used in corporate area, and suggested instead of throwing in the bin the following week. use them as give aways, as it will a. Give fans something to cheer about, b. Helps the sponsor abit more and c. Less rubbish in bin.

It took a week for them to see the pros of it. Sponsor was happy for them to be used, which they ended to put more $$ to club the following year.

I’m a fan of this litte extra traders set for best n less. It reminds me of dynamics series 2 release which would include new and transfered players. Better then an xtreme set that’s for sure 👍 right direction.

Back
Top Bottom