How much further can [insert young superstar] card prices rise?

jimboiitmac

miami pride
Real Name
King James
eBay User
jimboiitmac
When I got back into the hobby a few months ago, I was mainly drawn back by the nostalgia and fun of it. At the moment I'm trying to pick up a few Bam Adebayo cards as I've been a lifelong supporter of the Heat and I think he's our future star.

However it's been pretty difficult not to observe the ridiculous prices of some of these young players, as well as to ignore all the articles/posts out there about how the hobby has been flooded by investors (The prices of packs and boxes is ridiculous in and of itself: my past eBay purchases from 2010-2011 tell me that I picked up some great boxes and the like for $70-$150... Whereas now you can't even get some packs for those prices!)

What are people's opinions on where the hobby is going from here, particularly in terms of the prices of young stars? Is it actually smart to try and use NBA cards as a long-term investment alternative?

How much further can the prices of young superstars rise? Players like Giannis, Luka, Trae, Ben Simmons, Zion, Ja Morant, Tatum, Donovan, Bam etc...

tenor.gif

Pop reports for David Robinson vs Zion:

1598429526161.png

$300 / $100 for a PSA 10

1598429676691.png

$600 for a PSA 10

I really don't understand but maybe I'm just getting old :D

Just hope it doesn't turn into another bitcoin with a massive pump and dump

Back
Top Bottom