How many TOPPS Gilchrist batcards are there?

pineneedlebeetle

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Russell
Hi folks,

as an extension to the McGrath thread, how may TOPPS Giilchrist batcards are there?:D

To date the details are:

Dr Grange 6006852 - Brad 6006853 - Matty76 6006863 - Curtis 6006867 - Alex 6006868 - BoondasH1 6007115 - Russell 6007118 - Owen 6007119 - Richo 6007120

as at 12/3/2012

Happy hunting,

regards Russell:thumbsup:

Hi crew,

pic of the card for those who haven't seen it.
Quality low due to plastic casing

regards Russell:thumbsup:

batcard 001.jpg

The redemption card states on the front there are only 35 redemptions and therefore it is to be assumed only 35 bat cards. There is no need for Topps to mis-state this figure.

I think the holograms on the back must not be a reliable source to determine print runs Russ - sorry but I think that is the only conclusion I can draw - unless we can prove through people posting here that there are more than 35 owners of this card on this site, which I strongly doubt.

Hi Brad,

This was why I put the rider in "The assumption to this is that TOPPS issued the cards with the lowest number first and consistently issued the cards from lowest to highest".
Given that the 2002 sigs show there is an anomoly in the hologram numbers that may well be the case.
Somehow I don't think that OCTers have 35 bat cards.
But at the end of the day I go by the philosophy, "the mind is like a parachute it cannot function unless it is fully open".
I was taught this in 1989 and try to keep an open mind.
Unfortunately I remain a skeptic due to their poor customer service and sloppy numbering.
I would have thought they would have had greater pride in their product.
The only consistency at this stage is the 2000 TOPPS McGrath cards where the colours currently line up with numbering.
I still love these cards though, the three amigos.LOL

regards Russell

It makes no sense why they wouldn't number these cards in order, but Topps don't seem to care much in the customer service department unfortunately.

Surely it is harder to number them out of sequence than simply one after the other??!! Crazy, totally illogical!

Good work Richo.

Maybe mine is the only outlier in the numbering Russ??!!

Thanks Richo for your contribution.

Brad's appears to be the anomoly here as the others are consistent.
Further data will make it interesting especially as Richo's number is heading out further (albeit marginally).
C'mon folks, more contributions to enlighten the masses. LOL

regards Russell

I spoke to a mate today that was adamant that there is only 35 made. Im waiting for him to get back to me with a number.

The only thought i had was its likely they produced more than 35 but how many were kept by people at topps or given to friends, cards shops etc.

Flog off a couple of Rodney Dangerfields Ryan and you'll have one in no time!!

Welcome to the club Curtis,

Well done on the acquisition of your new treasure.:D
I look forward to the number.:kick:
We'll have to keep it quiet from Ryan though:lol:

regards Russell

Hi Russell
Sorry for the delay.
My Gilchrist is 6006868,
McGrath is blue sig and is 0329898 and if you want the downton one it is 0329383.

Well done on the purchase Curtis, as Ron says it is a lovely one for the collection.

Back
Top Bottom