How many MJ autos are there?

Billyhoyle

Im Not Juan Garcia
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
billyhoyle9
OK so I got sent this video earlier
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSTwrwmb/?fbclid=IwAR2qvlL-gv3n1SqPO9jNOFeBHM2ca3iW5vYg63jRFnhjeDYru1x3Lj5NdHc
and I had been discussing with some others how many autos MJ signed over his career and how probably his entire career signed less than the rookies do in their first year.

So it got the better of me - let's have a little fun - have a guess how many MJ autos

1. Total known (not including unnumbered) - that means if /25 there is 25 cards & unnumbered counts for 0

2. Total including unnumbered assuming they are each /50 (to help there are 277 unnumbered)
includes baseball and other sports. Does not include supreme hardcourt

To help there are 2045 different autographed cards according to beckett.com

Oh my god.

I need one of his autos now!

Then if they become good, all the on cards they have to do!

Pay me 160m over 4 years and I'd sign a million of them

Screenshot_20210128-211457_Instagram.jpg

So lets say MJ has signed 40,000 autos over his career..... starting in 1994 with the Collectors Choice Blow Up and up until present day.

If you extrapolate that out over his professional career 1984/85 until today thats 37 years.

40,000 autos over 37 years = Approx 1081 autos a year.

Now even 40,000 autos vs how many Jordan fans there are out there and it truly explains why his signature prices are astronomic and will continue to climb.

He isn't signing many more (id say maybe 100 or so a year max for Goodwin/other UD products) .........so all this boils down to is that @Billyhoyle will become an even richer person over the coming years!

So lets say MJ has signed 40,000 autos over his career..... starting in 1994 with the Collectors Choice Blow Up and up until present day.

If you extrapolate that out over his professional career 1984/85 until today thats 37 years.

40,000 autos over 37 years = Approx 1081 autos a year.

Now even 40,000 autos vs how many Jordan fans there are out there and it truly explains why his signature prices are astronomic and will continue to climb.

He isn't signing many more (id say maybe 100 or so a year max for Goodwin/other UD products) .........so all this boils down to is that @Billyhoyle will become an even richer person over the coming years!

He did way more than 1000 autos a year.

If only has 40,000, then I have about 0.1% of the world population of MJ cert autos on cards. Can't be right.

He did way more than 1000 autos a year.

If only has 40,000, then I have about 0.1% of the world population of MJ cert autos on cards. Can't be right.

According to Beckett it is close to the mark. I have the complete file to send you if you like?

This was counting up all his numbered autos and anything that wasn't numbered was assumed to be no more than 50 copies.

He was always an SSP for any un-numbered auto so even at 100 print run for these would probably take it out to about 50,000 total autos?

Back
Top Bottom