How is best to send Express?

drobfan8

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ben
Hi all,

I usually send express from the post office for $38

But then if I was to send a $1000 card it would cost a fair bit more for insurance also.

If It's a deal on here, which means no protection from ebay.

How is it best to send Express with insurance for a certain $$$ value.

Thanks for your help:)

Benny

Within Aus I usually send registered with full insurance (have sent cards upto $4k this way). O/S I use express courier international with full insurance (again sent a $4k card this way)

O/S I use express courier international with full insurance (again sent a $4k card this way)
Nick do you know what's the cheapest and safest option to send overseas which satisfies Paypal in the event of a claim? How much did it cost you to send express courier intl with full insurance?

ECI is the only way to send a high value item as you have upto $5000 cover. I still refuse to sell o/s unless im paid as paypal gift as there is no cover should they say its damaged and return a base card to you. Pretty sure insurance was about $150ish

Express Post Courier International. They guys above have said it. You can insure up to any price at a cost. I've used it before for a $1500 card, was about $85 from memory.

I have only ever used EMS express courier through Auspost, for Aus to international...
Its the quickest and best way...
You can also insure upto $5k...
But it isn't cheap, will cost around $80 total with a $1000 cover....

ECI is the only way to send a high value item as you have upto $5000 cover. I still refuse to sell o/s unless im paid as paypal gift as there is no cover should they say its damaged and return a base card to you. Pretty sure insurance was about $150ish

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Wow so you pay say $38 for the ECI, then how much is the extra cover?Or can you just claim with some proof?

Looking at sending an $800 card.

I have been using ECI already but never paying for extra cover or any other type of insurance.

Obviously if it cost $150 to insure that's a fair chunk of change gone.

Pretty sure standard cover is up to $500 then you pay extra the more insurance you want up to $5k. It sounds like a lot but I'd rather pay $150 than be in a $3k hole should anything go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom