How do you sort your cards?

LASWEET

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Liam
Hi guys,

You've just busted a box of cards and you realise that you have almost 300 commons laying around your desk. What do you do? How do you sort them into their order and once sorted, how and where do you store them?

I've got HEAPS of commons that I don't know how to properly sort without damaging them. I also want to know what you do with them after you've sorted them if you're not selling them; e.g. put in cardboard boxes, wrap in team sets etc.

I've got one set of a series just piled in a random order, and heaps of commons from other series. Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Liam

I'm not entirely sure since I'm not a huge AFL collector but collected base sets when I was younger... :)

With most base sets the cards numberings on the back of the card usually go in teams (with Adelaide first).

Check on the back of your cards and see if they are like that, and if they are put them into team lots.

With storing them, I would put them in some 9 pocket pages in folders.

Hope this helped!

Cheers
Whitey, :thumbsup:

I'm not entirely sure since I'm not a huge AFL collector but collected base sets when I was younger... :)

With most base sets the cards numberings on the back of the card usually go in teams (with Adelaide first).

Check on the back of your cards and see if they are like that, and if they are put them into team lots.

With storing them, I would put them in some 9 pocket pages in folders.

Hope this helped!

Cheers
Whitey, :thumbsup:

Thanks mate, I know to put them in number order, but what I'm asking is what is the procedure you use in doing so; e.g. just grab all the cards, put them into piles based on teams and then pile them up together?

Also, I'm looking to store them away, so 9-pocket pages will be a little expensive and not practical for storing like a box.

As a collector I try to do a base set of cards I like. Put them away in sheets and then folders.

For the left overs I usually keep for trades or help other people out and send them off as freebies, I have thousands of cards and it gets worse ever month, Well better for me worse for the missus :)

During my day off again this week I'm taking a heap of base and inserts and giving them to the Womens and Childrens Hospital for sick kids to look and play with etc.

As a collector I try to do a base set of cards I like. Put them away in sheets and then folders.

For the left overs I usually keep for trades or help other people out and send them off as freebies, I have thousands of cards and it gets worse ever month, Well better for me worse for the missus :)

During my day off again this week I'm taking a heap of base and inserts and giving them to the Womens and Childrens Hospital for sick kids to look and play with etc.

Thanks for that mate. I'm sure the kids will love the cards!

Thanks mate, I know to put them in number order, but what I'm asking is what is the procedure you use in doing so; e.g. just grab all the cards, put them into piles based on teams and then pile them up together?

Also, I'm looking to store them away, so 9-pocket pages will be a little expensive and not practical for storing like a box.
A good way to store card's is a card count box like these
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BCW-200-...008?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563353bf98 they come in all size's

Back
Top Bottom