How do you keep your cards?

bo3197

#1 Brisbane Lions Fan
Real Name
Asher
Hey guys
Just wondering how do most members keep their cards and how should I keep my Simon Black collection? Don't have very valuable cards, most valuable is probz worth $10. Should i put them all in 9 pocket sleeves in an album or should i keep them in penny sleeves and then put them in the 9 pocket sleeves in the album?
cheers
help will be greatly appreciated

Use penny sleeves in the 9 pocket sleeves.

There are two types of penny sleeves... platinum and normal... one fits and the other doesn't in the 9 pocket sleeves

anyone have any on the site cheapest on the bay is like $8dlvd for 100

---------- Post added 13-06-2010 at 12:27 PM ----------

so would the cards get damaged if i just put them in the 9 pocket sleeves without sleeves. at the moment i just have them all in regular sleeves in a pile waiting for advice

Try AFLtcc for the sleeves. The cards won't necessarily get damaged in the 9 pockets, but we find the penny sleeves provide added protection which comes in handy if you need to take the cards out again.

I use many things to keep my Swan PC in good nick for the low to mid end cards I use penny sleeve, toploader and team bag for highend cards I use penny sleeve, magnetic one touch holder then teambag

okay thanks guys i have some idea what protection i need to buy

---------- Post added 13-06-2010 at 12:44 PM ----------

oh jack what do u do for commons

well the toploader doesn't fit in the album, so do you put the cards in a box or somthing?

well the toploader doesn't fit in the album, so do you put the cards in a box or somthing?

Ohh

I my bedside table has three draws I made a little contraption and put it in the 1st draw. 3 rows made from wood One for teamcoach , Select and odball they all fit in 3 rows.

I keep all my commons/sets in 9 pocket pages. Any inserts are in there too, but they are in penny sleeves. I dont have any 'high end' cards really. If i did, then they'd be in toploader on display in my display cabinet :D

I just transfered a set from old 9 pocket pages to new ones last week. They'd been out in the garage and none were in penny sleeves. They were as good as the day they were pulled! :) My justification for using a penny sleeve is to prevent fingers touching the card directly when pulling/inserts them in the pages (which im sure is why everyone does it).

Back
Top Bottom