How did you decide what to collect?

Mkdc1985

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
Hi all,

New here and can't make sense of the search function, so apologies if there is already a thread on this...

Curious to know how you landed on how/what you collect, be it one team, one player, one type of card, or anything in between.

I'm getting into AFL as I haven't collected since the Cazaly Classics when I was a kid, but I'm torn whether just to stick to Geelong stuff, or buying boxes and ripping packs (fun as hell) to see if you can land a hit.

Obviously with the second option, you're going to be left with a heap of bulk commons, and I'm not sure if there's a market to moves these on, so don't want to get stuck with them.

I could also be thinking about it too much...

Anyway, interested to hear your opinions

Cheers!

Hi and welcome!

There are many different ways to collect, everyone is slightly different. Personally I do both of what you mention - I focus on collecting a team (West Coast obviously) but also love opening boxes and packs, because in my opinion that’s the whole fun of it!

I can then trade what I get for Eagles cards (or if I hit an Eagles card straight out of the pack even better) or if I can’t find a trade, sell the card and then use the money to buy some. You will be stuck with commons, I’ve got several storage boxes full. Sometimes if you have a full set from a box for example you might be able to sell it, while I know some people give them away to schools/children’s hospitals/charities.

My advice would be to dive into it without thinking too much, you’ll quickly find out what you enjoy most!

Cheers :)

Hi and welcome!

There are many different ways to collect, everyone is slightly different. Personally I do both of what you mention - I focus on collecting a team (West Coast obviously) but also love opening boxes and packs, because in my opinion that’s the whole fun of it!

I can then trade what I get for Eagles cards (or if I hit an Eagles card straight out of the pack even better) or if I can’t find a trade, sell the card and then use the money to buy some. You will be stuck with commons, I’ve got several storage boxes full. Sometimes if you have a full set from a box for example you might be able to sell it, while I know some people give them away to schools/children’s hospitals/charities.

My advice would be to dive into it without thinking too much, you’ll quickly find out what you enjoy most!

Cheers :)

Thanks for the reply mate, thinking about it today before I saw your response, I was thinking along similar Ines.

There's the efficient way, and there's the fun way. Hobbies are supposed to fun :)

Looking forward to getting into it...also keep me in mind for any nice Geelong pulls you're looking to unload :)

Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply mate, thinking about it today before I saw your response, I was thinking along similar Ines.

There's the efficient way, and there's the fun way. Hobbies are supposed to fun :)

Looking forward to getting into it...also keep me in mind for any nice Geelong pulls you're looking to unload :)

Thanks again!
Exactly right mate, nothing beats the anticipation of opening a pack or box.

I’ll definitely keep you in mind if I hit anything Cats 👍

Back
Top Bottom