How did you decide what to collect?

Mkdc1985

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Michael
Hi all,

New here and can't make sense of the search function, so apologies if there is already a thread on this...

Curious to know how you landed on how/what you collect, be it one team, one player, one type of card, or anything in between.

I'm getting into AFL as I haven't collected since the Cazaly Classics when I was a kid, but I'm torn whether just to stick to Geelong stuff, or buying boxes and ripping packs (fun as hell) to see if you can land a hit.

Obviously with the second option, you're going to be left with a heap of bulk commons, and I'm not sure if there's a market to moves these on, so don't want to get stuck with them.

I could also be thinking about it too much...

Anyway, interested to hear your opinions

Cheers!

Hi and welcome!

There are many different ways to collect, everyone is slightly different. Personally I do both of what you mention - I focus on collecting a team (West Coast obviously) but also love opening boxes and packs, because in my opinion that’s the whole fun of it!

I can then trade what I get for Eagles cards (or if I hit an Eagles card straight out of the pack even better) or if I can’t find a trade, sell the card and then use the money to buy some. You will be stuck with commons, I’ve got several storage boxes full. Sometimes if you have a full set from a box for example you might be able to sell it, while I know some people give them away to schools/children’s hospitals/charities.

My advice would be to dive into it without thinking too much, you’ll quickly find out what you enjoy most!

Cheers

Thanks for the reply mate, thinking about it today before I saw your response, I was thinking along similar Ines.

There's the efficient way, and there's the fun way. Hobbies are supposed to fun

Looking forward to getting into it...also keep me in mind for any nice Geelong pulls you're looking to unload

Thanks again!

Exactly right mate, nothing beats the anticipation of opening a pack or box.

I’ll definitely keep you in mind if I hit anything Cats