Historic Games Thread

drob50

Magic Johnson and David Robinson ON CARD autos
Real Name
Adam
eBay User
None
Just thought I would start a thread where we could discuss some historic games that you have watched. Whether it is from last year or from the 70's, just anything notable from any games you have watched.

For me, I have recently watched the 1972 All Star game and could not believe the difference in the way they played back then! It was treated like a playoff game for them! Cowans was great, but had no chance at MVP with Mr Clutch at his best! ;)

I am sitting here watching the Dream Team vs Angola which was USA's first round game in Barcelona. It is unreal watching Magic throw the ball around and in one case, over his head to a trailing Jordan for the dunk!!!! But it just seems nasty when they are dropping full court presses and traps on Angola! lol

What have you seen and what are your favourite games to rewatch?

Just the other day I watched game 5 of the 1973 NBA finals Knicks vs Lakers.

Being that the Knicks haven't won a title in my life time it's fun to go back and watch just how good they were in the early 70's. Also this was the last game of Wilt Chamberlain's career.

I have a boxed set of the Knicks best games that I'll be spending more time watching in the off season.

Just the other day I watched game 5 of the 1973 NBA finals Knicks vs Lakers.

Being that the Knicks haven't won a title in my life time it's fun to go back and watch just how good they were in the early 70's. Also this was the last game of Wilt Chamberlain's career.

I have a boxed set of the Knicks best games that I'll be spending more time watching in the off season.
Earl Monroe, Willis Reed and especially Walt Frazier are some of the most under appreciated players ever IMO!

Will be tracking this thread so I have nice vintage games to watch during the holidays!

Check out the Spurs vs Pistons from 17th Feb 1994

or

Spurs vs Clippers 24 April 1994 ;)

After re watching a lot of the 80-90's all star games you can quickly see how people started to try, over just having fun, MJ was all about playing his normal game(bit of a shame) where as Isiah Thomas really stood out as a player having fun! Now it's all about trying to show each other up!

It's hard to single out playoff and final games, when they only make sense to what was on the line for each player/team in the context of each series...

Watching bird,magic,isiah,Jordan being asked to perform under pressure there is no equilivent in today's game!

Start at 81' and work your way up to 98' most of the years in between had the best players having to earn it each year!

Or had series that were never decided until the final minutes!

We saw a great contest this year in the finals too!

This game was a beauty from 2006 a triple overtime thriller.....check out the box scores at the end!

Cheers
Matt

Game 5 Knicks vs Pacers at Madison Square Garden is a must see.

Reggie scores 39 (25 in the 4th) and is constantly going at Spike Lee the whole 2nd half.

Never was big on Reggie at the time but man the guy wanted the ball in the clutch and you've gotta give it to him for having the balls to take tough shots time and time again.

There was no game 6 this year either....... It went 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7.... :cautious:
Sitting on both sides, game 6 was the worst performance under pressure I've seen from both a team perspective and individual...

It was just horrible, the last 5 minutes of the 4th was pressure showing what it can do to people and teams!

Talk about a coin toss!

Game 5 Knicks vs Pacers at Madison Square Garden is a must see.

Reggie scores 39 (25 in the 4th) and is constantly going at Spike Lee the whole 2nd half.

Never was big on Reggie at the time but man the guy wanted the ball in the clutch and you've gotta give it to him for having the balls to take tough shots time and time again.

^^^ this

Reggie vs Spike Lee always brings a smile to my face:D

Back
Top Bottom