Hip Hop Heads pt2 - Eminem Recovery

Verse1

No Glove, No love.
Real Name
Nick
eBay User
VerseOne79
Well after a few more listens to Recovery i have to say this is one of his best up there with MMLP. As mentioned earlier i'd rate this one a solid 4 out of 5 maybe even a 4.2/5. He's a changed man but in a good way imo a huge bounce back from the last album, more MMLP than Shady but thats a good thing i think the whole Slim Shady persona was played out once MM dropped. Still a master of word play and his flow is first class. Where have you been Em?

As much as it pains me to say i really like the song with Lil Wayne - No Love which samples that 90's song What is love by Haddaway, again Em kills everything on it. Its a similar song to Drop the world but better with even more aggression on EM's and Waynes side. The reference to Kanye is gold!

Feel free to add your opinions of the album :thumbsup:

I love it, I have been listening to it for over a week now.
Particularly love Going through changes, Space Bound, Cinderella Man, 25 to life but my fav has to be Love the way you lie with Rihanna.
He has matured and this album shows Em alot more reflective, he really bares his soul to the fans on this album.
Dre has shown what a master he is with some absolutely top notch production.
Also a pleasure to see he hasn't trouped out the long list of famous faces, he could no doubt of called upon to appear on this album.
I would definately give it an 8.5/10

pretty good aye, personally i thought relapse had a few better tracks, going through changes is good, i like 25 to life the most

It grows on you, when i first listened to it i was like Eh, his singing in the choruses can be a bit overwhelming but if you can get past that the lyrical content more than makes up for it imo. While Relapse had a couple of dope tracks i couldn't stand listening to the whole thing in one sitting, i think this one is all round a more complete album and more inline with his older stuff.

25 to Life is a great track as with Almost Famous and Seduction.

Sure it could have had more production by Dre as there is only 1 song with his magic on it but overall its a pretty solid offering. I don't buy Ems stuff for just the music alone its his Lyrics that made a fan and he hassn't disappointed on this one.

There are a couple of songs i can't get into like "Cant back down" & "WTP" but other that that dope album!

Damn is this released already? Man i must have been living under a rock! Havta check it out!

Dropped today mate, if you're an Em fan pull the trigger and pick it up and give it a few listens before coming to a conclusion;)

Spits like this show me he's back.

"They call me a freak cuz I like to spit on these pu$$y's before I eat them, man get these whack cock suckers off stage where the f*%k is Kanye when you need him? Snatch the mic from them b***h's ima let you finish in a minute yeah the rap was tight but ummm, 'bout to spit the greatest verse of all time so you might wanna go back to the lab tonight and um, scribble out them rhymes you was gonna spit an start over from scratch and write new ones, but im afraid it aint gonna make no difference when i rip the shades and tear it in half tonight"

"Cold hearted from the day I bogarted the game I sole started, a rock fellow and I'm not even in my harshest you can still can get roasted, cuz marsh is not mellow"

I'm with you on this one Nick, I gave the album a solid 4 out of 5, Em spits better than ever, he hasn't got that same anger in him like mmlp but its still there. I agree with you on the wayne track, Its dope! Em for life man..... IMG_1428.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

I really like 'Wont back Down' ft Pink. Not bad IMO. Overall I really like it so far, but i have to listen to it a few more times before i can really judge :D I like the fact that he acknowledges the fact he went through a downward spiral and as a result Relapse came to light :lol: something he obviously isnt very proud of. Although i didnt mind it. Certainly wasnt his best work though. I guess over the last few years he's created a fair bit of new material for himself thorugh his ups and downs!

I'm with you on this one Nick, I gave the album a solid 4 out of 5, Em spits better than ever, he hasn't got that same anger in him like mmlp but its still there. I agree with you on the wayne track, Its dope! Em for life man..... IMG_1428.jpg

Sick auto Veny! Gotta find me one of those bad boys :D
Yeah the new album is different but not in a bad way, he isn't as mental but i think he's shown that he's matured a bit in the past year since Relapse came out in his song writing. Getting off the drugs and clearing his mind had probably helped.
Sure its not MMLP but MMLP wasn't Shady either, its in the same ranks as those 2 albums though imo

Yeah i've listened to this album about 7 times now n really liking it, quite different but now i gotta learn all his new lyrics again :p I think my favs so far are Not Afraid, Wont Back Down and No Love...awsome song, love Lil' Wayne aswell!

haha just listening to the album again and missed these lyrics...

Rappers are land fill, drop the anvil
These are shoes that you can't fill
sh!t the day that happens the world'll stop spinning
And Michael J. Fox'll come to a stand still

I've noticed he uses Michael J. Fox a couple times :lol: whats the issue there? :p

Haha another awsome one about Michael Jackson...love it

I'm wastin punchlines but I got so many to spare
I just thought of another one that might go here
Nah dont waste it, save it psycho yeah
Plus you gotta rewrite those lines that you said 'bout Michael's hair

It grows on you, when i first listened to it i was like Eh, his singing in the choruses can be a bit overwhelming but if you can get past that the lyrical content more than makes up for it imo. While Relapse had a couple of dope tracks i couldn't stand listening to the whole thing in one sitting, i think this one is all round a more complete album and more inline with his older stuff.

25 to Life is a great track as with Almost Famous and Seduction.

Sure it could have had more production by Dre as there is only 1 song with his magic on it but overall its a pretty solid offering. I don't buy Ems stuff for just the music alone its his Lyrics that made a fan and he hassn't disappointed on this one.

There are a couple of songs i can't get into like "Cant back down" & "WTP" but other that that dope album!

Have to agree with nearly all you said in this post and the first. His last verse on No love is insane and i didn't like that song at first

But I'm 'bout to spit the greatest verse of all time
So you might want to go back to the lab tonight and um
Scribble out them rhymes you were going to spit
And start over from scratch and write new ones
But I'm afraid that it ain't gonna make no difference
When I rip this stage and tear it in half tonight

^^^ is what he does with all of his verses!!! And its not just his lyrics its the flow of them that is great

Man I'm a cold soul, I roll solo so don't compare me to them other bums over there

I lost a battle that ain't happening again I'm at your throat like strep
I step, strapped with a pen Metaphors wrote on my hand,Some are just stored in my memry

I lock myself in the bedroom, bathroom, nappin' at noon, Yeah dad's in a bad mood, he's always snappin' at you. Marshall what happened that you, can't stop with these pills,And you've fallen off with your skills, and your own fans are laughin' at you.

I fell for this so many times It's ridiculous And still I stick with this I'm sick of this but in my sickness and addiction You're as addictive as they get Evil as they come vindictive as they make em My friends keep asking why I can't just walk away
I'm addicted

How this man puts these lines together in his head is amazing and the flow is genius, can't get into Wont Back Down or WTP either and have to add spacebound man, can't get into it too, maybe its the chorus...

Back
Top Bottom