HIP HOP Heads, for ALL HIP HOP NEWS, Clips and New Trax......... :)

Dr Dre - Compton first reaction video.
This was pretty much me listening for the first time too, love this album.

just cant get into the new dre album. its too all over the shop for me. much like my opinion on a lot of modern day hip hop it has no flow, bland lyrics and forgettable beats...
maybe itll grow on me, but after a couple of playthroughs i still cant see what all the praise is about.

I know a lot of people can't get into it.
For me the production is top shelf. Dre has really stretched his vocal range on this album.
A few of the guest spots were disappointing ... Ice Cube was extremely average and one of Snoop's spots was terrible.
Xzibit and Game really stepped on this one and I think Em really shredded it on his verse.

the production was top shelf, but id rather mix-tape quality with killer tracks than high end studio mixing on mediocre beats. wouldve rather he stuck to basics...

just saw 'straight outta compton'. pretty awesome. props to ice cube jr. he did very well. seemed like dre was under used, but i guess it wasnt the dr. dre biography...
favorite scene; eazy-E, ren & yella listening to 'no vaseline'...still the greatest diss track of all time. sorry pac.
anyone know if they were really talking reunion before E died or was it just hollywood magic?

Last edited:

Here is a good article

http://pitchfork.com/features/overtones/9703-the-compton-sessions-how-dr-dre-created-his-comeback/

Last edited: