Hill brothers signature

I guess in a lot of ways it is a "different strokes for different folks" sort of scenario - I would prefer to purchase the card that I want rather than bust boxes to try and find it.

I know that in some ways this goes against the "thrill of the chase" but when you consider that some NBA collectors in particular on here have spent thousands on boxes and cases and then have to offload the contents in order to try and get some money back after disappointing busts, I'd rather put my money into other areas of collecting where you can see exactly what you are getting.

Again, for someone who is not a team, set or insert collector, it is easy for me to say that.

Absoultely sensational idea...For me I'd much prefer to simply buy one than have to purchase boxes and hope to get one. Hopefully this is the first of a series!

I hope for Select's sake that their site doesn't crash on Monday due to increased traffic......I can see this card selling out in half an hour or so!

The ONLY criticism I have is that I think possibly it should be a limit of 2 per customer, not 5. In theory, twenty customers could buy 5 cards each and then whack 'em on eBay at a higher price.

Anyway, come 4:30pm on Monday (us South Aussies are 30 mins behind AEDST) it will either be:

LOCK IT IN, EDDIE!

or

NO DEAL, ANDREW!

Why not put it in 2014 champions and give higher end collectors a reason to bust boxes??

I dont disagree that its a nice card and a reasonable price. I just dont like the way they go about these things. Its just a cash grab.

Isn't that what most good businesses do, try to make money?

I dont understand why i didnt get the email about this card, and yes i am on their mailing list so not sure whats going on there. Is this card going to be ordered through their website? There is currently nothing on there about it.

So why not sell all cards like this and just give the whole packet thing away???

Understand both arguments in this but I think selling these cards off as an individual release will eventually kill the packet market for Select. Can't see why they can't have it both ways and produce a packet version of this card numbered to 100 found in packets and then a special edition of the card sold direct from the website limited to 50. Best of both worlds. They would then generate buzz at both ends. ( They just need to think both outside and inside the box so to speak !! )

Sunshine Collectibles.

So why not sell all cards like this and just give the whole packet thing away???

Understand both arguments in this but I think selling these cards off as an individual release will eventually kill the packet market for Select. Can't see why they can't have it both ways and produce a packet version of this card numbered to 100 found in packets and then a special edition of the card sold direct from the website limited to 50. Best of both worlds. They would then generate buzz at both ends. ( They just need to think both outside and inside the box so to speak !! )

Just sick to death of these bulls**t select cash grabs!
then release another crappy series 1 and then im sure a same old same old series 2......

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom