Hilarious Ebay Situation.

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
I really love it when I come across a situation like this.

There was a card (a patch #/10) on eBay for a while at $139 BIN/BO.

I contacted the seller and we had agreed on a price (much lower than the BIN) so I'm all ready to send the money and in the meantime someone hits the BIN.

Ok fair enough.

Now I tracked down the buyer of the card and he says he has bought it to flip and make a profit. He says for $200 its mine.

At this point im thinking its a nice card, but its way too expensive and its time to move on.

The funny part is that 4 more versions of this card have surfaced since.

Card 1 ended at $70
Card 2 ended at $64
Card 3 ended at $60
and
Card 4 ended at $50

Now the guy who bought it at $139 must be kicking himself. He wants to sell it but based on the market value he is probably going to take a hit of about 50% on the card.

Not the wisest decision I think he has ever made!

Anyone else done this, hit a BIN and then lost out big time in selling a card later on?

Haha bet he's spewing. So im guessing you got one of those 4 then?

As for that happening to me, i've never bought a card with the intention to flip so no its never happened to me. I have however bought cards i planned on keeping then later sold at a greatly discounted price due to market value dropping when needing quick funds.

Haha bet he's spewing. So im guessing you got one of those 4 then?

As for that happening to me, i've never bought a card with the intention to flip so no its never happened to me. I have however bought cards i planned on keeping then later sold at a greatly discounted price due to market value dropping when needing quick funds.

Or sold one for 6 x the price!:D

its happens to be but im not the seller, im normally the buyer! everytime i hit a BIN it seems the card pops up again later and sells for 1/3 or half the price :( but in your case mate sucked in to the w@nker trying to flip it couldnt have happened to a nicer bloke. what card was it?

its happens to be but im not the seller, im normally the buyer! everytime i hit a BIN it seems the card pops up again later and sells for 1/3 or half the price :( but in your case mate sucked in to the w@nker trying to flip it couldnt have happened to a nicer bloke. what card was it?

:lol: this seems to be the norm with me too. I get trigger happy and over pay because i've never seen one before then 3 more come up a week later and sell for a 3rd the price :mad:

Back
Top Bottom