Hilarious Ebay Situation.

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
I really love it when I come across a situation like this.

There was a card (a patch #/10) on eBay for a while at $139 BIN/BO.

I contacted the seller and we had agreed on a price (much lower than the BIN) so I'm all ready to send the money and in the meantime someone hits the BIN.

Ok fair enough.

Now I tracked down the buyer of the card and he says he has bought it to flip and make a profit. He says for $200 its mine.

At this point im thinking its a nice card, but its way too expensive and its time to move on.

The funny part is that 4 more versions of this card have surfaced since.

Card 1 ended at $70
Card 2 ended at $64
Card 3 ended at $60
and
Card 4 ended at $50

Now the guy who bought it at $139 must be kicking himself. He wants to sell it but based on the market value he is probably going to take a hit of about 50% on the card.

Not the wisest decision I think he has ever made!

Anyone else done this, hit a BIN and then lost out big time in selling a card later on?

Verse1

No Glove, No love.
OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Nick
eBay User
VerseOne79
Haha bet he's spewing. So im guessing you got one of those 4 then?

As for that happening to me, i've never bought a card with the intention to flip so no its never happened to me. I have however bought cards i planned on keeping then later sold at a greatly discounted price due to market value dropping when needing quick funds.

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Haha bet he's spewing. So im guessing you got one of those 4 then?

As for that happening to me, i've never bought a card with the intention to flip so no its never happened to me. I have however bought cards i planned on keeping then later sold at a greatly discounted price due to market value dropping when needing quick funds.
Or sold one for 6 x the price!:D

Essellohbeebeewhy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
John
its happens to be but im not the seller, im normally the buyer! everytime i hit a BIN it seems the card pops up again later and sells for 1/3 or half the price :( but in your case mate sucked in to the w@nker trying to flip it couldnt have happened to a nicer bloke. what card was it?

Verse1

No Glove, No love.
OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Nick
eBay User
VerseOne79
its happens to be but im not the seller, im normally the buyer! everytime i hit a BIN it seems the card pops up again later and sells for 1/3 or half the price :( but in your case mate sucked in to the w@nker trying to flip it couldnt have happened to a nicer bloke. what card was it?
:lol: this seems to be the norm with me too. I get trigger happy and over pay because i've never seen one before then 3 more come up a week later and sell for a 3rd the price :mad:

Top Bottom