High sentimental value cards!

Phillipstl1981

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tim
eBay User
Phillipstl1981
Hey all,
Keen to hear other’s stories around bball cards which the sentimental value is way above the monetary value and the reasons why?
Here are three of mine:
Dee Brown 15/16 Excalibur /70
Iconic photo from the 91 dunk comp. I had this poster on my bedroom door in the early 90s

74E533E6-0038-432D-94E0-74B11BF3F790.jpeg

Its always weird seeing Nique in spurs gear. Love hearing different stories about why certain cards mean things to collectors. It sure beats hearing about 'investing'.

This is the thread I've been waiting for my whole life 😂😂..back in 94 when I was 13 I got the Milwaukee Bucks and Charlotte hornets addresses out of either Beckett or a basketball magazine..so I sent 1 card off to each..1 vin Baker upper deck RC and 1 Alonzo mourning skylights 😂..I addressed it to each player and wrote a letter and all and sent a black texta included haha..well months later I get two letters back..(weeks apart)..in the hornets one is a letter addressed to me with the card signed..well I wasn't sure if the signature was dry so I wiped it with my finger and then there was no signature anymore ..the vin Baker one was the next I opened and I didn't dare wipe it ..I have no idea if it's a stamp or he actually signed it but I've had it for 25/26 years and it's my prized possession 😂..it was kept in a screw down till about two years ago until I read they are bad lol

15946142485138812311392052249333.jpg

1994/95 Topps Finest Grant Hill RC Refractor

Still my biggest ever hit by a fair margin. Took my meager pocket money to Croydon market one Sunday and decided to sink it all into 1 pack of Topps Finest instead of the usual Hoops/UD/Skybox/Fleer mix. When I saw what I had pulled I couldn't believe my eyes. The guy running the stall was shocked. At the time it was the most valuable modern card on the market @ $800USD. Still have it locked away in my dads safe from 25 years ago.

1994-95-Topps-Finest-Basketball-Grant-Hill-RC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom