Hi, here's my profile.

malonb

Go the lucky number 3!
Real Name
Ben
Hi there. I'm malonb, and was told about this site by hill33. Hopefully here I can find some other card enthusiasts and info on when/where there will be card shows in Melbourne, no matter how big or small they are. :)

I started collecting in 1994, stopped for a few years and started to take it up again just over 12 months ago. I like collecting rookies because I like watching them go up in value over time. My best rookie cards are of John Havlicek, Nate Thurmond, Willis Reed and Bill Bradley. I also have some 80's-90's rookies, like Pippen, Stockton, Olajuwon, Karl Malone and heaps of Shaq rookies. It seems the later the year, the more rookie cards I have.

I like collecting inserts too, particularly GU and autos, I like getting as close to the action as I can. Some cards I've got here are Marbury Game Jersey 1 (2000-01), Kirilenko/Nowitzki Jersey UD Inspirations (2001-02) and Fred Jones Topps Finest Auto Refractor (2002-03).

I've got plenty more rc's/inserts/etc, but that is just what I could come up with from the top of my head. My favourite players to collect are Jordan, Shaq, Dirk, Olajuwon, KG, but my first priorities are my rookies. :)

Any questions, queries, feel free to leave me a post.

Be back again soon!

Oops, forgot my pride and joy!

Sorry, forgot to mention my centrepiece!

My fave rookie is my Lebron Fleer Ultra rookie graded 10/10 by BCCG. It goes in Beckett for $US175. So grading 10/10 obviously makes it better! :D

malonb said:
My best rookie cards are of John Havlicek, Nate Thurmond, Willis Reed and Bill Bradley.

Oohh Chad is going to love you :) Feel free to post scans/pictures in the card pictures forum, always love to see different cards.

Welcome to the site Ben. Watch out - it becomes addictive !

hi there
and welcome, yep you will definately find other card enthusiasts here :wink: , enjoy!

Hey, Welcome. I guess you will find a lot of card enthusiast, that is why we are all here :D

Ahh you are most welcome mate! :D Havlicek is the greatest player EVER! hehe That will cause a stir! LOL

Nice rookies indeed. I'm a few off the set for 1969 topps and it has great rookies in it indeed!

Good to see an appreciation of old and new school.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

welcome to the board! btw theres a card show in melbourne on nov.20. at malvern townhall u may want to check it out!

Back
Top Bottom