Hi from VIC - AFL collector

FatYak

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Josh
Hi ladies and Gents, my name is Josh. I'm a Sydney swans fan who has collected cards since i stumbled on a Dan Hannebery signature on Ebay in 2015 and was gobsmacked at how much cards had changed since i last saw them (last cards i remember buying as a kid were Fleer97 i think). Select Honor 2 was my first series, i got Honors 1 as well and now enjoying Certified 16 and 17, though i am slowly scrounging up sets from 2000 and up

I Follow the Swans because i moved to VIC form NSW for work in 2008, having never watched a game of AFL in my life. Some of the guys i worked with put the pressure on to follow the Bombers or Richmond, so i picked Sydney to annoy them a bit. Jokes on me, I'm now a card carrying member of the club.

I came here to ern more about the industry in general, and how to protect my invested (waisted according to the missus) money

cheers

Welcome to the forum mate.
Most important thing about cards is to enjoy collecting them. There is a monetary value to cards but dont let that be the main reason to collect.

cheers

Welcome to the forum mate.
Most important thing about cards is to enjoy collecting them. There is a monetary value to cards but dont let that be the main reason to collect.

cheers

Too right GoMoto - Some of the cards in my collection are "priceless" to me, but do have a monetary value...
My best advice fatyak - have fun, and pretend you are a kid opening up your first pack!!

Back
Top Bottom