Hi all!

Catmanfan

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Brett
eBay User
strangeways3
Hi I'm Brett, another 'newbie' here and you might say a late starter. I've collected KISS cards for years and some Star Trek NG cards in the past but I've been bitten by the Baseball bug last year and have decided that Baseball cards might be a fun thing to get into.

I'm a big KISS fan and I still play the drums and listen to a lot of music. And as I don’t have to answer to anyone or listen to them say "only children collect cards" or "Grow up", it’s a good time to start, lol.

I really need some advice on what cards to start collecting. Upper Deck was my first choice as they are well known and maybe easy to come by but I’ll throw it open to suggestion. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I looked on the MLB website and was going to buy a few Hobby & Blaster boxes but before temptation got the better of me I thought I’d come here first and see if I could learn something before I committed to a certain brand/series of card. Anyway, it looks like a great site with some good info and I hope to chat with some of you soon.

welcome mate. Top intro. Im a bit of a KISS fan as well.

If you want to find out what cards you should collect, most people collect there favourite sport, team, player or type of card. Depends on how much you wanna spend :)

hope we can help :)

welcome mate. Top intro. Im a bit of a KISS fan as well.

If you want to find out what cards you should collect, most people collect there favourite sport, team, player or type of card. Depends on how much you wanna spend :)

hope we can help :)

Hi cricket_cox,

Thanks for the welcome. When i say i'm a 'big' KISS fan i am understating things just so i dont draw too much attention, lol.

I'm sure i'm going to go with the Baseball cards but the question i suppose was really should i stick with something like UD or Topps or another brand and then the decision is (in the case of UD) do i collect all or just stick to things like Spectrum, Sweet Spot or SPX series? Do they all form part of the one series or are they a seperate collection? I understand that it's up to me but man it's starting to do my head in, lol.

My thought is to start with the basic First Edition cards Hobby Box and then get some Blaster boxes. But i know, i'll also want to get the Spectrum, Sweet Spot or SPX series! I can see another mortgage coming on, lol. Let alone another trip to the US to actually SEE a live game.

Thanks again for the reply though. :)

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

come on mate, where's the ACDC fans!!!!!!
Jokes

They missed out on tix.... like me...lol

Back
Top Bottom