Heya Guys. NBA card collector awake from hibernation :)

Strop

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Clay
Was a huge basketball fan back in the 90's while at school. Started collecting cards early to mid 90's and the when I started work I got stuck into cars. Well, getting a little sick of cars at the moment and thought I would check up and see how the NBA world was traveling. Wow..things have changed. I had to go looking for my old collection and dust them off. Sparked a bit of card love again ;) Looking to get back into it and set up a new collection.

Already broke 3 boxes in the last 2 weeks...yay.

Hats off to you all for a great little site here too. Very informative and a great way to share/find/learn about cards and their owners :thumbsup:.

Cheers

Clay

Welcome Clay, your story sounds just like mine. Got over blowing my money on cars so blow it on cards instead :lol:

hey dude. recently just got back into it also. amazing how many people have decided to get hooked again lately...

Thanks for the welcome guys. Appreciate it.
I'm hoping it will be cheaper than my cars...but I have big eyes and little self control :whistle:

I'm gunna need a hand with the all the new card names/references as well..wow. There are some really nice cards being made now!! I never even saw a patch before May this year. (Lame I know)

See if I have them right:
Mailday = Receiving a card in the mail that you bought as a single. The day you get it?
GU = Game used memorabilia?
Patch = A piece of the jersey or shorts? What’s the difference between GU and Patch?
Logo = Card with the logo of the NBA from the players clothing?
Are there many others I will need to know?

Thanks again guys,

Clay

Back
Top Bottom