Help with "The Sun" 'All The Action' posters

RogerWills

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Roger Wills
eBay User
rogerandlou
Hi All,

I am trying to work out the players on these posters that advertised The Sun newspaper.
I believe the came out in 1981 but if anyone know better please let me know.
The posters I need to know about are:
Balmain, Newtown, Cronulla, Souths and Norths.
I do have the other 7 teams.
If you know the players on these posters please let me know - a picture uploaded would be appreciated or if you would like to sell the most appreciated.
Samples of the posters for another teams are:
IMG_1875.JPG IMG_1953.JPG IMG_1874.JPG Click picture for larger version

ALSO
there is a coloured set as well. I don't have any examples of this but would love to know what is out there so any information would help and pictures would be great.

Thanks
Roger

IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1874.JPG

I know that i got mine at the Royal Easter Show at the time, at The Sun marquee. I was really only interested in the Wests posters so that is all that i got at the time. I do sort of remember though, that they had session times, lets say, where the players/teams turned up and even signed the posters if you wanted.

Please correct me if i am wrong

They have all been 'trimmed' as i have carried them with me for the last 35 years, moving locations.

WESTS POSTER.JPG

20160607_171438.jpg

20160607_171450.jpg

20160607_171504.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am trying to work out the players on these posters that advertised The Sun newspaper.
If you know the players on these posters please let me know - a picture uploaded would be appreciated or if you would like to sell the most appreciated.

ALSO
there is a coloured set as well. I don't have any examples of this but would love to know what is out there so any information would help and pictures would be great.

Thanks
Roger
Rodger, I have a few that I remember somehere, I know 1 was Easts, I will dig them out over the weekend.

Hi All,

ALSO

Thanks
Roger

The players are (from L to R)

Ray Price, Steven Edge & Michael Cronin (Parramatta Eels)
Craig Young (St George)
George Peponis & Geoff Robinson (Canterbury Bulldogs)

Hey Steve, That is great. Thank you for the pictures. What a pity they got trimmed. Never ever seen the last one you have shown before.
Dave, It would be great if you found one of the Balmain, Newtown, Cronulla, Souths and Norths posters. I have also got a couple of cards I have to send you.
Michael - Thanks :) Did you know the faces or just copy from the actual posters :)

For the record the one I know are

Canterbury
George Peponis & Geoff Robinson
Eastern Suburbs
Noel Cleal & Kerry Boustead
Manly
Ray Brown, Terrry Randall, Graeme Eadie, Les Boyd, Ray Thompson & Max Krilich
Parramatta
Ray Price, Steve Edge & Mick Cronin
Penrith
Kevin Dann & Darryl Brohman
St George
Craig Young
Western Suburbs
Terry Lamb, Roy Masters, John Donnelly, ?, Bob Cooper, John Ribot & Jim Leis

I shall put the Wests poster up for you Steve and you may kniow teh player I cannot remember.

Cheers.

Here is the black and white Wests poster.
The players I have are Terry Lamb, Roy Masters, John Donnelly, ?, Bob Cooper, John Ribot & Jim Leis.
Is the other player George Moroko? (Bottom left)
Thanks
Roger
1980_TheSunWests.jpg

Hi All,

ALSO

Thanks
Roger
Roger, here is another to the collection of what there is.
Noel Cleal and Kerry Boustead.
I have others but they are already up there.

sun posters 001.JPG

Back
Top Bottom