Help with Signature set to rub off please.

freeballs

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Craig
Ok, so I got an old time NRL player, Duncan Hall, real name Doug Hall to sign 2 Centenary 2008 cards. Problem is the pen he used is not sticking to the card!!!! Its impossible for me to get another one signed as he is now in very declining health, but is there any sort of spray I might be able to buy to make sure the sig stays on the card? I was just going to put it in a penny sleeve, staple up near the top with out touching the card to keep in from moving then into my centenary folder, so I think that may work.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

i have heard you can use an eraser (before signing on the card) to help by wearing of some of the gloss and giving the ink something more solid to stick to.
Im not an expert though so i dont know, seems sound in theory though.

Thanks anyhow, problem is the card is already signed by him and if the sig is touched it starts rubbing off. Thanks though.

1. keep it away from any sunlight mate.
2. your idea sounds good
3. i dunno y but there's always a third. - dont touch the sig

this happened a lot with the 2005 power series, a coat that even the best pens left an in person auto looking like it had been signed under water, and yes if you rub the cards with an eraser it works a treat...........I suppose the obvious question is what is the pen that you are using??

It was a Permanent sharpie, and I have no idea why it didnt stick to the card, all I can think is that he didnt use much force when sigining the card??

Oh bugger mate :( such a shame its doing that. I hope your idea works :)
Brplat

It was a Permanent sharpie, and I have no idea why it didnt stick to the card, all I can think is that he didnt use much force when sigining the card??

IMHO the sharpie is one of if not the best pen going for in person auto's, I moved from the standard sharpie to the CD/DVD variant, I just found it a little better.

Once the auto's have gone like that I know of no way to recover the auto sorry, though as mentioned previously if the card series (usually only the second series) has a high gloss finish I rub over with a FRESH eraser to just dull the gloss a little.

Remember, to always use a fresh pen each time you go to a signing session and always have a backup...........:)

Just thought, maybe put the card in a screw down, won't move or rub BUT it won't be in the album either.

Mate wish I could help, that is a special sig to have. :D

The only thing I can think of because it is for your PC is maybe laminate the card, this way the sig should not deteriorate any more.

Cheers
Ross

laminate?? never tried it does it work well like not melt

GIRDS, laminating is designed to protect documents so they last longer so I don't think it would melt it....it was just an idea to give freeballs some options.

I laminate a lot of my kids craft and school work to keep...........so I can it to embarrass them at their 21st's. :lol:

I bought it at Aldi for about $12.....

Cheers
Ross

I was thinking laminate too. If it is for your personal collection and you aren't looking at selling it then I think it would be the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom