hello! newbie here + newbie questions

cam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
cam
hi all, the names cam. ive been collecting cards since ive been a kid im now 26 and have a collection of all types of cards mainly basketball in which im intrested in selling. im not to sure of the whole process behind sending off cards and official card prices. i am also unsure of how a card is graded, i know theirs mint condition which means perfect but what other grades are their?! also im wondering where i can buy card slips or cases which i put the cards in so they dont get damaged while sending. im in melbourne and in the northern suburbs so anywhere close to their where i can buy the right gear is good. i know i have alot of questions, i hope im in the right forum to ask these questions, apoligies if im not as im new! thanks for reading my intro and i look forward to chatting and getting to know you all. cam

Hi cam, welcome to ozcards firstly!

In relation to your question about sending off cards, presuming its about sales/trades on this site, this thread outlines everything you need to know OzCardTrader.com.au - Announcements in Forum : Card Discussions
There is also a "newbie sends first" rule which I think applies to you if your feedback is under 10.
In relation to card supplies, this thread will also help you out http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru...-card-supplies-new-prices-rates-6-2008-a.html
If you live in Melbourne, Carribean Gardens, Dandenong market and Dreams Cards in the city also has supplies.

welcome to OCT
:D

Hi cam and welcome to OCT, I can help you with your supplies, soft sleeves and toploaders, 9 pocket pages for albums, pm me for prices (cheaper than ebay).
Rob

u better pm me with what u have/can get
if im gonna buy a thousand + penny sleeves id rather give the cash to a Saints man.
saw a thread around a while ago about group buy on this....but it all seemed too hard

bruntyblue thanks for the pm and your help and everyone else who has taken the time to greet the new guy. im just wondering if someone can help with valuating the cost of some of my cards, ive currently scanned my jordans (approx 28) and would like to sell them. im not to sure how to post pictures or even if this forum is the right place to to do so as i havent decided on prices yet as i want to do the right thing and find an appropriate place to find information regarding current prices, i used to look through beckett but they dont sell it in any newsagencies ive been to and also if theirs an online source it saves me buying the magazine if im only going to use it once. all help appreciated and thanks in advance
cam

ok so if the pics are on ya pc you could go here:
TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

upload the pic, remember to choose the size (usually website /email size is pretty good)
then when its done choose the one under the title:
"IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards"
itll be inside brackets.
just cut n paste that into the message box when doing a post :)

then id post them up in the trade thread in the basketball area....the long time users would be able to help ya out with pricing etc etc

welcome cam

plenty of jordan collectors on here, and subscribers to beckett pricing online as I found also, its hard to find becketts in newsagents also. a lot cheaper online now.

post them in and ppl will be sure to help out.

all the best

Matt

Hi Cam,

You've definetely come to the right place my friend. If you get stuck with any issues on uploading images, starting threads, etc. Just let me know and I'd be more than happy to help you out with any information you need.

Regards,
Michael

Back
Top Bottom