OzCardTrader
Real Name
Raido Hallik
eBay User
fleshmasta
COMC User
rhallik
Hello,

I am a basketball card collector from Estonia (located in Europe). I found this forum by accident but as it seems to be quite active and I am interested in expanding my collection then decided to join and give it a try.

I started collecting around 1998-99 and tried to gather all Tracy McGrady cards that I could find. Then I included Brevin Knight to the search and few years later also Luis Scola. However, I started feeling that player collectors are somewhat unlucky because it is almost impossible to find all player cards. Each and every year more and more cards are produced, some cards never pop up and there are always other collectors who also wish to have rare cards in their collections. Basically, player collecting is almost like a never ending story if you are maximalist. Around 2002-03 I decided collecting also sets. The first set that I started looking for was 2002-03 Honor Roll master set. I collected these players and one set until 2008-09 but life changed and other things took the time from collecting. Eventually the breaks lasted about 7 years when I found my old collection and checked around what has changed in the hobby.

After the return I have been focusing on finding Brevin Knight cards (all missing ones), Luis Scola 1/1 cards, 2002 Honor Roll master set (missing 2 auto cards), 1998 Spx Finite base, radiance and spectrum, 2017 Revolution Lava parallels and 2018 Select Premier version cards. Most of my attention goes to 2018 Select Premier version cards. There are 15 different parallels and I am missing ca 800 of those.

To sum up, it is glad to be hear and I hope that I can find many missing cards with your help.

I will also post few cards from my collection that I am really proud of.

Regards,
Raido

59137235916__FCFFC9B1-C15C-42F3-8A40-323BADB136C2.JPG

Please let me know if you have such Yao Ming card.

59137239030__AABDA439-F0F5-49AF-B49D-C02EA228989D.jpg

Please let me know if you have such Garnett/Kobe card.

59136822855__9B51C086-2DF0-4F14-8860-F1BFB21C55E0.jpg
IMG_3684.jpg

My first rainbow of 2018 Select Die Cut cards.

ebb9e544-4d2d-4daf-99d9-188425472623.jpg.png
'
Let me know if you have any 2018 Select Black 1/1 cards. I currently have only 7 out 100.

59137239030__AABDA439-F0F5-49AF-B49D-C02EA228989D.jpg

Welcome to the site Raido! I hope you can find some cards here for your collection!
I love the dual wood autos and some great set choices there!

out of curiosity - how is the postage system for you? Is it reasonable prices for things to get to you from other places in the world or do you send things to hubs like ShipMyCards (I see the photo there so assume you use them) and send back every year or when it’s better value?

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks!

I do most of my purchases from USA (eBay). In that case it is reasonable to use hubs, e.g COMC, ShipMyCards to reduce the taxes and shipping costs. However, when purchasing from other locations then I have sent the cards directly to my home, unless sellers are not willing to ship to Europe. Mostly there are no such issues. From hubs I deliver cards to me once per 2 months usually.

Raido

Hi Matt,

Thanks!

I do most of my purchases from USA (eBay). In that case it is reasonable to use hubs, e.g COMC, ShipMyCards to reduce the taxes and shipping costs. However, when purchasing from other locations then I have sent the cards directly to my home, unless sellers are not willing to ship to Europe. Mostly there are no such issues. From hubs I deliver cards to me once per 2 months usually.

Raido

That's awesome! It's great for us in Australia now too that we have a range of options for shipping stuff back cheaper than it used to be! Usually works out more economical doing the same method though ending to COMC/SMC etc and then sending back bigger lots otherwise individually it can price you out on the cooler less expensive cards and items!

Welcome Raido

Gotta love the MJ and Kobe autos in a 9 pager! :eek:
I do not want to touch those cards and even the binder. They have stayed this way since 2004 when I received the cards. I only relocated the binder once when moving and then took also a picture what you now see.

Thanks for all of you for the warm welcome.

Back
Top Bottom