Hello Fellow Collectors!!!

Silverspider50

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Robert
eBay User
silverspider50
Hello everybody!!! My name is Robert and I'm a huge David Robinson card collector. I live in hot and humid San Antonio, TX. First of all I've been collecting David Robinson cards since the end of his rookie year in 1990. When I saw the Admiral play for the first time in his first pro regular season game against the Los Angeles Lakers, I was hooked. Then when Hoops came out with his rookie card and started the basketball card collecting craze, I had to have his RC. Unfortunately, I didn't get it right away. The best I could do then was his second issue by Hoops that year that I got in a trade from some kid. Here in San Antonio David Robinson's rookie cards went for around $50 - $40 back then. Too expensive for a 14 year old who barely got an allowance. But the rest is history. Seventeen years later, I now have an extensive collection that costs me a good amount of money but I enjoy it.

I found this site by accident when I was fooling around and did a search on my ebay name, SilverSpider50. I was shocked when I saw some members had mentioned me in a post about being frustrated over losing some auctions to guys who regularly bid on certain players. I mentioned the site to fellow David Robinson collector, JM0262 (I consider him my local archrival here in town). Then a few days ago, I see him registered on your site. So that convinced me to sign up. I couldn't let him get a leg up on me in collecting. I enjoy it when I win an auction that he was bidding on as well. But it's a friendly rivalry. He has a nice collection that rivals mine. Anyway, I hope to get to know some of the other David Robinson collectors, Spurs collectors, and any other collectors here on this site as well. See you all around.

Robert

Well well well the Spider shows his face. Nice to see you a make it on this site buddy. Nice bio especially the part about respecting my collection.

hey hey guys,

Ive been out of the game for a while, but you two would always be up there in the bids

Cheers

Trey (admiral5071 ebay)

Welcome Mate

Great to see another Robinson fan.
Would be great if you could update us on the Spurs and any other NBA news :thumbsup:

CHEERS MICK

Back
Top Bottom