Heath Shaw caught betting!

8 weeks means he's gone for the season but right for finals. :rolleyes:

Because it's Collingwood...

He should have been wiped out for 12months and the club fines for allowing it too happen! Surely it would have had to be a phone call or the like just before they left the rooms as know one would have known otherwise??

If this was (almost) any other club the player would just about be run out of the AFL!

Collingwood own the AFL and Demitriou

Shaw's season should be over and Maxwell should get at least 4 weeks

Here is a an ammusing transcript between "Andy D and Eddie", written by a member on DT TALK:

“Hello”

“Hey Eddie, it’s me Andy D”

“Who?”

“You know, Andy from HQ”

“Who?”

“Demetriou”

“Who?”

“You know… ahh forget it! Listen Eddie, we just caught two of your boys betting on a match”

“Which two? Was it F@cking Didak & Cloke again?”

“No. Listen they placed a bet on a Collingwood match. It’s pretty serious…”

“You sure it wasn’t Dids?”

“No it was Heath Shaw…”

“Sounds about right”

“and Nick Maxwell.”

“Our captain?”

“I’m afraid so”

“Uh huh. Who is this again?”

“Andrew Demetriou”

“Sure. Come on Sam, I know it’s you mate. I don’t think this is a very good bit for the Footy Show next week mate.”

“Eddie, it’s me. Andrew”

“Really?”

“REALLY!”

“****”

“So listen I’m gonna have to suspend your boys.”

“Are you serious? C’mon Andy, maaate…. they’re good kids”

“I know Eddie but we have a policy”

“More of a guideline.”

“Look Eddie my hands are tied. I have to do something!”

“What about a reprimand?

“Eddie…. someone has to miss games”

“Allright. Heater can miss a couple……”

“We were thinking until 2012 season Eddie”

“You f**king what?”

“The policy Eddie. Next time is life ban”

“Yeh but they didn’t mean any harm. What did they bet on anyway?”

“$20 on Nick to kick the first goal.”

“Ha! You call that a bet? That’s a charitable donation. How about he comes back for the grand final?”

“Oh allright, I’ll tell the guys; H Shaw & N Maxwell suspended until the Grand Final”

“Ahhh no.”

“What?”

“Just Shaw. We can’t have our Captain suspended until the Grand Final for something like this. What if we don’t make the Grand Final? Do you know how much money we generate for you? Think of the Magpies image Andy.”

“How about Nick gets one game then?”

“How about this Andy; Nick gets a $10,000 fine and Heath misses until the Grand Final AND a $20,000 fine?”

“Well…..”

“C’mon Andy…. mate….?”

“Allright Eddie”

“Great! I’ll draft up a press release. Nick Maxwell $10,000 fine with $5,000 suspended and Heath Shaw suspended for 14 games”

“That’s too many. It’ll be into next season.”

“Will it? Okay then… 14 games but 6 suspended”

“But…”

“You can’t expect him to play in the Grand Final without match fitness Andrew!”

“Seems a bit soft if Heath only misses 8 games.”

“AND a $20,000 fine”

“Eddie….”

“Think about all the money you’d lose if we get knocked out of the finals early”

Eddie please”

“C’mon?….. mate?”

“Well allright, but I want an invite to your Christmas party this year ok”

“…..Okay”

“Awesome! Thanks heaps Eddie, you’re the best”

So if a player places a $10 bet on an AFL game they get fined $20,000 and suspended for 8 weeks but if you take performance enhancing drugs there is a 3 strike policy where no action is taken. How is that fair?

So if a player places a $10 bet on an AFL game they get fined $20,000 and suspended for 8 weeks but if you take performance enhancing drugs there is a 3 strike policy where no action is taken. How is that fair?

it's not about fairness. commit the crime, do the time.

The 3 strike policy isn't just performance enhancing drugs. Most of the people who get caught, are caught using party drugs. So naturally after the first and second strikes they'll get you help but after 3, bye.

think its funny, just another reason for people to hate on the Pies. Most of the comments on here r just so out ther its not funny. I'm a Pies supporter and i think Shaw messed up and should pay. Killed his season and hit his pocket, Maxwell the fine is fair enough. This notion about anyone but collingwood players would be sacked is crap, drugs to me is a far worse probably than gambling yet drug users dont even get named the first 2 times. They did the crime they will now pay.

I met Heath Shaw when I was in hospital.

He'll never learn, he should've been sacked after the Didak incident.

Lucky he's from Collingwood I guess and has Eddie to protect him.

Gambling in the game is just cheating and I applaud the fact that action has been taken but it's just too lenient in my opinion. If this was Nick Riewoldt I'd want him gone for the season. It just ruins our great game.

How are a $20 and a $85 bets a betting plunge bringing the odds down from $101 to $25 to 1 on Maxwell kicking the 1st goal, which he didnt anyway!

The information supplied from both players obviously went a lot wider than they are letting on because neither player was going to getting any real money back in theory!

Back
Top Bottom