Hawks Grind Down Cats

wolvesjr34

Morrow Super Collector
Real Name
AJ
eBay User
wolvesjr34
Ahhh I may not have been able to be at the game (and oh I wish I had been) but bloody oath was I happy watching it here at home and watching my boys never ever give in and come home with the win!!

To beat Geelong is alway satisfying.... this victory even more so after their idiot coach roasted our playing style (mostly because we kicked their arse twice last year). Doesn't he look stupid now.

Hodge was a great general off the backline and Crawford came to play, as usual this year... I swear the promise of our youth has reinvigorated the old champ! Xavier Ellis kicked his first AFL goal, happening to be the sealer.... missed a shot a few minutes later which would have had me breathe easier, but nonetheless it was great work by the kid and some good poise too.

The much heralded Tom Hawkins did nothing today, granted he was not helped by the conditions, but I'd say Gilham had the best of him anyway. Speaking of Gilham, this kid came from nowhere, but is already proving a better fullback prospect than Dawson was. Frankly I hope Dawson stays out of the side until he has some muscle. Raggidy Andy (thurgood) can play in the twos forever, he will always be a stick man.

Bulldogs next week, will be another test of our progress - probably will be a shoot out - but I don't think we won three in a row last year, so we have already made some progress :D I cannot say I would have expected to be 3 - 1 after the first four rounds, but I'll take it any day.

Credit to Sam Mitchell... Ling played him well for most of the day, but he always kept his head.... he may have only had 13 possessions, but at least 9 of them would have been to our advantage.... including a kick to Hodge who handballed to Ellis who kicked the goal that ultimately won the match for the Hawks. I actually had a brief chat with Mitch yesterday at training and I told him to get 30 he said he'd see and I added, as long as they're team possessions and he told me exactly... and I say the ones he got, helped the team so great job Mitch!

Yeah I haven't had this much to say about football in a while, so woosh! Reality check next week no doubt, but hey... I've gotta enjoy it while I can.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :D :D :D

yer great win by the hawks, scrapped through in a thrilling finish. I too AJ hate Bomber Thompson and id probally come close to saying he is my most hated coach in any sporting leauge in the world :p
The Tomahawk had like 3 touches and got owned, think he needed that i think he was starting to get a big head thinking that AFL football isn't as hard as he thought as he kicked 7 goals in his first two games.
I dont see the Hawks making the 8 this year but they will genrate some wins here and there. 3-1 this year and they finished rounds 18-22 last year with 4 W's and you can also put on top of that an impressive pre season. Mitchell didnt have to much of a factor from what i saw and they still managed to beat one of the inform teams in the comp.

yes we can lay claim to have Geelong as our "bitches"

CarndaHorks!

Yes J Lewis is the coaches award player in the first couple of rounds after jerr and judd

I actually had a brief chat with Mitch yesterday at training and I told him to get 30 he said he'd see and I added, as long as they're team possessions and he told me exactly...

Maybe he misheard you and thought you said thirteen instead of thirty? Needs to clean his ears out.

Great win by the Hawks. Great to be in the eight for a change.

Ha ha maybe that was the case, but he had vital possessions in the final quarter, so he did his bit when it counted.

Here's hoping we can make it four in a row next weekend!

Back
Top Bottom