UFC Has MMA made it's way to Australia

patriotsguy

New England Patriots Fan!
Real Name
Roger Barthelemy
eBay User
patriots_football_guy
Are there any MMA fans on OZ? What's your favorite fighter?

Mine are:

Matt Hughes
Tito Ortiz
Joyce Gracie
Randy Couture
Ken Shamrock
Machida
Chuck Liddel
Steffan Bonner
Forrest Griffen

My local favs are

Kenny Florian - Massachusetts
Matt Serra - New York

-Roger-

It certainly has Roger my friend, it has. I think they are all good, been a fan watching for a long time, but it is funny, UFC & MMA, there is always someone better, and it doesn't take long before that guy comes along.

My Legends, would be
Randy Coutoure
Chuck lidell

My Faves at the Moment
St. Georege(Rush) Pierre
Anderson Silva
Rashad Evans...Although I have to say, it gives me the ****s a bit when Rashard carries on with his cockieness in the ring.
I used to like Nick & Nate Adams(I think thats their names)
Also who can forget Chris Leiben.

But I have to say I hate all the Shamrocks with a passion, especialley that loudmouth Ken...sorry, can't help that.

Possibly you mean Nick and Nate Diaz?

Yeah Shamrock has a loud mouth, and I can't believe I forgot George StPierre

I actually just watched a match from a native to you George Sotoropolis (not sure if I spelled that correctly).....He has great Jujitsu and if I heard correctly he is one of only like 10 in Australia to know it.

Welcome to the site guys.

MMA is growing here for sure. You guys collecting? What cards have you got? Show em off.

I agree about the Shamrocks, I absolutely cannot stand either of them.

Ive got many favourites myself,

Shogun, Forrest, Wandy and Chuck would probably be my top 4, but there are plenty of others I love, Leben, Swick, Quarry, and many more.

wanderlei silva , anderson silva , chuck liddel bj penn there is heaps.

welcome to the site fells.

btw i think you mean royce gracie

Yeah it's going pretty well in New Zealand aswell :)

Favourites would be Wand, Thiago Silva, Rampage, Leben, Manhooef and Nick Diaz ( especially after his performance tonight after the main event for strikeforce)

I can't believe GSP actually has fans?!!

I don't collect any cards, I can barely keep up with my addiction to collect the New England Patriots FB team.....

But please, don;t be shy...someone post what the have!

---------- Post added 18-04-2010 at 12:12 PM ----------

Just saw this posted on my site, I don't follow strikforce much but always good to see a all out brawl

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vau4RSvV834&feature=popt11us06"]YouTube- Strikeforce Nashville Brawl[/ame]

Hi, Yes I meant Diaz, could no think of their names quite right...
Yes, I know george you are talkng about, fairly young guy, he hails from Geelong in Australaia,,,We dont have to many MMa' but we have a few really good Muay Thai fighters..

---------- Post added 19-04-2010 at 02:24 PM ----------

Excuse my spelling please, not one my best comments!!!

MMA is growing in Australia. Lots of places to train MMA now, compared to even 5 years ago.
My current favourite fighters would be:
Ryan Bader
Krzysztof Soszynski
Wand
Rampage
Big Nog
GSP
Joe Stevenson
Clay Guida

As for only 10 Australians knowing BJJ, I think maybe we only have 10 Black Belts in Australia. We have thousands that study BJJ, just not so many Black Belts.

I have a fair few UFC cards in my PC if you want to look, just hit the link in my signiture!

MMA is growing in Australia. Lots of places to train MMA now, compared to even 5 years ago.
My current favourite fighters would be:
Ryan Bader
Krzysztof Soszynski
Wand
Rampage
Big Nog
GSP
Joe Stevenson
Clay Guida

As for only 10 Australians knowing BJJ, I think maybe we only have 10 Black Belts in Australia. We have thousands that study BJJ, just not so many Black Belts.

I have a fair few UFC cards in my PC if you want to look, just hit the link in my signiture!

ithink i just saw dust on your pc site. must have been neglected for ages :lol:

it is growing for sure. So are the ufc cards.

my favorites at the moment are George Sotoropolis and Joe "daddy" Stevenson :D

Know problem on the spelling, as long as you can excuse my bad typing skills and utter laziness for not busing spell check:D

Hi, Yes I meant Diaz, could no think of their names quite right...
Yes, I know george you are talkng about, fairly young guy, he hails from Geelong in Australaia,,,We dont have to many MMa' but we have a few really good Muay Thai fighters..

---------- Post added 19-04-2010 at 02:24 PM ----------

Excuse my spelling please, not one my best comments!!!

Back
Top Bottom